The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Yep I saw Columbo's post and could not resist.

True quote however.

;)

I'm still lost with it all and dont really get it......loved the films (all 6 off them) and I thought the teaser looked fine. I've also read the 4 books of course have no idea where all this is based, doesnt really matter tbh I'll watch it.

Apparently as far I can be bothered to assertain the lore whores are upset over the changing of skin colour and the insertion of hobbits....
Europe's on the brink of war but fanboi's are outraged and uploading hundreds of youtube clickbait turd dross over this. Amazing...

Associate
I'm still lost with it all and dont really get it......loved the films (all 6 off them) and I thought the teaser looked fine. I've also read the 4 books of course have no idea where all this is based, doesnt really matter tbh I'll watch it.

Apparently as far I can be bothered to assertain the lore whores are upset over the changing of skin colour and the insertion of hobbits....
Europe's on the brink of war but fanboi's are outraged and uploading hundreds of youtube clickbait turd dross over this. Amazing...

Page 7 post 129, the video will explain some of the grievances people have.

loved the films (all 6 off them)

If that's the case then the video really won't change your mind xD

Soldato
Page 7 post 129, the video will explain some of the grievances people have.

If that's the case then the video really won't change your mind xD

Nah I'll make my mind up when I watch it...clickbait internet rage doesnt make my mind up for me.

Also in term of grievances.... I guess these are all based upon the fact that something is being added that isn't in or is not being portrayed in exactly the same way as the "sacred text" but they haven'nt seen anything yet so some are essentially making their minds up now, even though they'll of course watch it anyway.

Its amazing that these types of folks can be called up for jury duty....

Associate
Nah I'll make my mind up when I watch it...clickbait internet rage doesnt make my mind up for me.

So you say you don't get why people are annoyed, but then say you can't be bothered trying to understand because it's just 'clickbait internet rage'.

Also in term of grievances.... I guess these are all based upon the fact that something is being added that isn't in or is not being portrayed in exactly the same way as the "sacred text" but they haven'nt seen anything yet so some are essentially making their minds up now, even though they'll of course watch it anyway.

Haven't seen anything yet? The issues are there in the trailer already.

Its amazing that these types of folks can be called up for jury duty....

Says the person who seemingly doesn't want to listen to an alternative viewpoint to understand.

Soldato
So you say you don't get why people are annoyed, but then say you can't be bothered trying to understand because it's just 'clickbait internet rage'.

Haven't seen anything yet? The issues are there in the trailer already.

Says the person who seemingly doesn't want to listen to an alternative viewpoint to understand.

I've watched a couple earlier...makes zero sense to me. So a couple of writers got the job that haven't done anything of note before...so what?, there's some black people in it...so what? There's hobbit in it....so what? They didnt like a 40 second teaser....so what? Why get enraged?

I'm always happy to listen to alternative viewpoints, its that currently its based on nothing but speculation, guesswork and angry fanboi's opinions. Just wait for the content, consume it and make your judgement based upon the output, if you dont want to do that, don't watch, turn it off or stay away from it and stick with the books they are still there regardless of the quality of the show.

Soldato

And yet all this clickbait turd dross has you annoyed...

:confused:

Also the "wait and see what it's like " argument you made is fine - if that's what you want to do. Other people like to speculate, no-one is forcing you into that conversation. You do you.

;)

Soldato
We made a promise to ourselves at the beginning of the process that we weren't going to put any of our own politics, our own messages or our own themes into these movies. What we were trying to do was to analyze what was important to Tolkien and to try to honor that. In a way, we were trying to make these films for him, not for ourselves.
Peter Jackson

Soldato
I have not read the books, only read The Hobbit graphic novel and flicked through LotR book. My dad had the Silmarillion and I started to read that at 6 years old, yeah, I gave up after a few lines. I enjoyed the movies very much, the Hobbit films were good but not as good as LotR. I would not have any idea that there were no hobbits of colour, or that Gladrial (sp) didnt wear armour for battle, or that this new series will be very loosely based on the appendices of Tolkien's work. A black Dwarf women? I would not know if they were in the books or not.

I am looking forward to this series and if I like it I will continue to watch. If I don't like it I will stop watching it. Simples.

Soldato
Tolkien fanboys are probably the most rabid fanbase out there. Hell these people lost their **** over some of the most minute details from Jackson's original trilogy (balrog with wings!!). Tolkien himself was a real salty bitch if anything was changed in his original work, hell he went off the Dutch dude he handpicked to translate his works because the guy wanted to use Dutch words for certain aspects in the translation.

Soldato
We made a promise to ourselves at the beginning of the process that we weren't going to put any of our own politics, our own messages or our own themes into these movies. What we were trying to do was to analyze what was important to Tolkien and to try to honor that. In a way, we were trying to make these films for him, not for ourselves.

Peter Jackson

People are sick and tired of being lectured 24 hours a day, particulary by an industry that has proven itself to be full of absolutely disgusting sexual predators and morally bankrupt.

Soldato
Tolkien fanboys are probably the most rabid fanbase out there. Hell these people lost their **** over some of the most minute details from Jackson's original trilogy (balrog with wings!!). Tolkien himself was a real salty bitch if anything was changed in his original work, hell he went off the Dutch dude he handpicked to translate his works because the guy wanted to use Dutch words for certain aspects in the translation.

I agree that there's an element in any fanbase that will not accept any changes and will never be happy, but they're best left alone with their nerd rage, they'll never be satisfied. There's a huge gulf bewteeen anally rententive nerdism and and throwing away the Lore, and then piggy-backing on the great mans work and the reach of the IP, to write your own "stories".

I don't think protecting your own work is "salty" (does anyone call Corps "salty" when their protect their copyrighted material?) and it seems he had plenty of foresight in this regard.

Soldato
Finding it strange that after calling the man a white supremacist for years and his body of work was racist. (White good guys , and the Orcs were darker skined) they are now jumping all over it to insert themselves into the world he created.

Recently they had work shops going through every word of text to find LGBTQ elements.

Of course they waited until Christopher died.

Soldato
Finding it strange that after calling the man a white supremacist for years and his body of work was racist. (White good guys , and the Orcs were darker skined) they are now jumping all over it to insert themselves into the world he created.

Recently they had work shops going through every word of text to find LGBTQ elements.

Of course they waited until Christopher died.

Because they’d be sued back to the First Age if Christopher was still alive.

Back
Top Bottom