1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Man in the High castle

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by Vidar, Sep 1, 2015.

1. thedoc46

Soldato

Just finished season two and i think it was amazing. Not sure if its setting up for a season three or finishing up the series, with a few unanswered questions to leave the mind boggling. I'd like to see a season 3, but also worried that it could go off the rails, if they all try and make it a happy ending with the Allies and alternative reality coming thru as the new norm. Its a series that really opens the mind and makes you think !

10/10 for me !

2. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Completely addicted to this. Just started season 2. Really interesting concept for a series.

3. v0n

Sgarrista

Amazon renewed it for 3rd season so it's all looking good.

4. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Great news :)

5. Vidar

Mobster

Thank god for that, really loving this show!

6. Andelusion

Capodecina

Just finished watching Season 1 and 2 in a couple of weeks after putting it off for a while, it takes a couple of episodes to get going but I'm so glad I watched it.

The performances from Obbleygobbleyglockenspiel Fuhrer, Juliana, Trade Minister and the Chief Inspector are superb and make the show for me. Frank and Ed's bromance began to grate after a while but it's nice to see Ed is coming out of his shell a bit. I can't wait to see what happens in Season 3.

I was surprised at the amount of Cylons in it too :D I don't have much more to say but if you're on the fence about giving it a go then try it.

7. HeX

Capodecina

Obergruppenf├╝hrer John Smith steals the show for me, he's just so damn good.

You know a show is well written when you're routing for the Nazi's :|

8. linktoinsanity

Underboss

Did not realise Season 2 was out yet, will have to watch it at some point soon!

9. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

Just binged the whole of series 1 & 2. Thought it was really good!

10. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Just finished S2, really enjoyed how it all came together in the final episode.

A little surprised the Chief Inspector survived the bomb. Was it due to his right hand man diving on him for cover?

11. Andelusion

Capodecina

seems like it, he took a long hard look at him after pulling himself up from the rubble, much honour! Great courage!

12. doodah

Capodecina

Just started this (on episode 5 of season 1), it's rather good!

13. Jono8

Caporegime

This show is so god damn good. Just finished watching season 2.

Rufus Sewell deserves serious credit for this. It really is an astonishing performance.

I hope it has a satisfying ending though. It is obviously all about parallel timelines/universes, and those sorts of things ( like time travel) are always very difficult to get right.

14. Jono8

Caporegime

Also, the whole premise of the show is difficult to get your head around but from what I gather...

The Man in the High Castle knew that obviously that tape did not depict the timeline we are watching and therefore was not showing San Francisco within that timeline being destroyed. That tape must have come from another alternate universe, where it did get destroyed at some point in the past.

It seems as though he was trying to work out WHY in that universe, San Francisco was not bombed.

BUT that sort of doesn't work, as otherwise we aren't talking about just people leaping between parallel universes, but also time travelling... (if we are to believe that tape shows San Francisco being bombed due to events we see unfolding in the second season.)

So the main question, was the San Francisco tape just a red herring (ie not a tape from the future) - ie a tape to make Juliana believe that is what was going to happen in her timeline, when in fact it was just a video from a random alternate timeline.

The Man in the High Castle perhaps knew this, but also knew war with Germany and Japan was coming and that perhaps only Juliana could save it in this timeline we are watching.

Basically, there is no way that tape showing a nuked San Francisco could be from their own timeline, unless people are able to time travel within their own timelines as well...

15. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

What a great end to the season. Was kind of hoping the Nazis would drop some bombs though. Still, not as good as the first season.

16. englishpremier

Soldato

Came back to this after complaining that it wasn't good. Ended up binge watching both seasons. Really good show. Not great, but very good.

17. checjb

Wise Guy

Just finished S2. Wow, what a finale. As others have said, Sewell is just amazing in this. The final episode is just staggering from start to finish and the setup for S3 (Thank you, Amazon) has me hooked already.

I am consistently amazed by the quality of some of the shows that Amazon and Netflix are pushing out. I've not enjoyed TV this much since Babylon 5 finished it's run.

18. Uther

Capodecina

Don't think I've watched this since S1 episode 2. Might be worth a marathon catch up session

19. englishpremier

Soldato

I was the same. Watched the first two episodes then left it nearly a year. The first few just aren't good at all. It does improve a lot though.

20. Andelusion

Capodecina

I put off watching it for ages because a lot of people on here said it was SLOOOWWW in the beginning, I'm so glad I kept watching, can't wait for Season 3.