The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Associate
Credit to the lads and the manager for Saturday showing. ETH needs the lads on board if he retains the managers position and to be honest I'm not sure all the players fully back him! Is he the right man for the job? Tbh I'm not so sure but we can't keep changing managers left right and centre. I hope we don't leave deals late in the transfer window this summer that's got to change it's been a shambles for years.

Soldato
Wan Bissaka - £20m
A.Fernandez - £5m
Van der Beek - £5m
Casemiro - £15m
Sancho - £40m
Greenwood - £20m
Pellistri - £5m
Hannibal - £5m - personally I'd keep him as a squad player
Williams - £5m
These figures are wild. Unless you manage to sell them to SA there’s no way anyone is paying £20m for AwB as he doesn’t suit anyone going forward and his wages are an issue. The wages are a huge factor in Sancho too. Greenwood is damaged goods to ask that for a player that would be a PR disaster if you keep gives all the cards to the buying club. Casemiro is 34 and can’t run, not even a SA club is paying £15m for him.

Soldato
These figures are wild. Unless you manage to sell them to SA there’s no way anyone is paying £20m for AwB as he doesn’t suit anyone going forward and his wages are an issue. The wages are a huge factor in Sancho too. Greenwood is damaged goods to ask that for a player that would be a PR disaster if you keep gives all the cards to the buying club. Casemiro is 34 and can’t run, not even a SA club is paying £15m for him.
Agreed. Wages are the main issue for the lot of them

fez

fez

Caporegime

Casemiro is 32 and you get jack **** for £40m these days. Greenwood is also still a good player and has been linked to plenty of clubs abroad. £20m would t be silly at all. AWB is also still a brilliant defensive RB for the right club.

I would have said that those figures were pretty accurate or even a little conservative.

Soldato
The figures are not designed to be auditable. It's fag packet but I also sense checked with Transfer Market so they aren't a million miles off. Rather than just rubbish the post why don't you offer something constructive.
The idea was to list players who should be moved on and in the context of how much United would need to spend to replace them with prospects. Prior to the legal trouble, Greenwood may have been worth £50m and he's had a credible season. PR aside where else are you going to sign a proven goalscorer who is 21yo for less than £20m?
I've listed 15 players which shows the size of the task and most of the online fan channels seem to be in the same region.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
OP
The club are offering up redundancy for almost all staff now. Set against the backdrop of no more working from home - something that's harsh IMO considering there's a lack of office space.

Manchester United’s non-football staff have been en-masse invited to take redundancy, in an email sent across the club on Tuesday afternoon.

United are giving employees just seven days to make a decision about whether they wish to continue their careers at the club.

The offering relates to all employees who are not a scout or on the playing staff, and therefore impacts some who work at the club’s Carrington training complex. Employees have been given until June 5 to decide whether to take what the club describe as “voluntary resignation”, although some employees, who wished not to be named when discussing confidential emails, argued it looked a lot more like a voluntary redundancy programme.

I wouldn't say this is unusual in terms of a business takeover, but I think some people need to understand that while Ratcliffe has presented himself as a friendly boyhood fan, he is absolutely ruthless and business matters will come first.

Soldato
Casemiro is 32 and you get jack **** for £40m these days. Greenwood is also still a good player and has been linked to plenty of clubs abroad. £20m would t be silly at all. AWB is also still a brilliant defensive RB for the right club.

I would have said that those figures were pretty accurate or even a little conservative.

Sorry, my bad. I was reading an article about Kroos and had 34 stuck in my head.

Those clubs abroad don’t have money to fling around though, that’s the problem with Greenwood.

Again clubs are looking to move away from defensive style and play more attractive attacking style, even when getting beat managers and coaches are coming out saying they won’t change their style. He’d be awesome back in the day but the games moved on. Maybe that’ll come back? Who knows.

No one is paying 15 million for a cdm that cant run and is injured more often than not, especially a cdm on 350k per week.

Completely agree, find it a bit insane that to be honest. It’d actually be better to just let him go for free and get his wages off the book!!

The figures are not designed to be auditable. It's fag packet but I also sense checked with Transfer Market so they aren't a million miles off. Rather than just rubbish the post why don't you offer something constructive.
The idea was to list players who should be moved on and in the context of how much United would need to spend to replace them with prospects. Prior to the legal trouble, Greenwood may have been worth £50m and he's had a credible season. PR aside where else are you going to sign a proven goalscorer who is 21yo for less than £20m?
I've listed 15 players which shows the size of the task and most of the online fan channels seem to be in the same region.

They don’t factor in wages though, I did try to be constructive by giving reasons why they were miles off.

Greenwood could have hit 30 in the league this year in Spain and Utd still wouldn’t be able to touch him. Imagine the backlash if they did. It’s an awkward one but he’s never playing at an elite club. It’s all well and good saying he wasn’t found guilty and sure if he worked down at the local that’d be fine. We’re talking about one of the biggest football clubs in the world. You just need to look at the Rubiales case, Goodwillie etc

It sounds ridiculous to say it when you actually type it out but women aren’t going to stand for this type of nonsense in the western world anymore.

They are mentioned in the article.. and also, no one gives a **** about man city :cry:

This is also an issue that United face more than other clubs, problem only Liverpool that are similar with being in the media spotlight which just further cements the position of not being able to take Greenwood back.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Greenwood could have hit 30 in the league this year in Spain and Utd still wouldn’t be able to touch him. Imagine the backlash if they did. It’s an awkward one but he’s never playing at an elite club. It’s all well and good saying he wasn’t found guilty and sure if he worked down at the local that’d be fine. We’re talking about one of the biggest football clubs in the world. You just need to look at the Rubiales case, Goodwillie etc

He will if he plays well. Most clubs around the world would take him if he is good enough. Not English clubs but Spanish, Italian and French would.

Back
Top Bottom