The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Ah the ol' he wasn't found guilty chestnut.

He didn't have a day in front of a jury because a key witness withdrew and new material came to light. Supposedly that new material meant there wasn't a realistic prospect of convicting him. That's a very vague statement that doesn't mean the new material exonerated him, just it made it difficult to convict him.

Unless I'm mistaken, no party privy to more information such as Manchester United (who said something along the lines that not all the facts, established by their investigation, are public), Greenwork or his at the time girlfriend have explained exactly why it hasn't gone to court.

He's either innocent but nobody is coming out to say way e.g. the girlfriend faked the injuries, they were caused by someone else and the audio isn't him.
Or, most likely, they're back together (long history unfortunately of women staying with abusive partners) and trying to brush the whole thing under the carpet.

I personally don't want him anywhere near the club.

Assuming that's all true, it seems largely sensible. Modern clubs need to be structured so they can deal with a change of manager every 2-4 years.

Stopped Newcastle signing Galacticos? Must have missed all the ones before that. Most of the others are just how modern clubs run so that they aren't trying to bin off half their team when the manager moves on.

Ashley must have broke a lot of potential Galactico hearts when that rule was made, must have been lining up round the stadium...

giphy.webp

I see no issues with this. This is what encourages better productivity which is critical at a football club. WFH was just a fad and always will be.

Do you mean WFH in general? Or do you mean it wasn't working at Man Utd specifically? I would argue the lower level staff are being made to suffer because of failures at the top level of the club.

It's not a fad at all.

Do you mean WFH in general? Or do you mean it wasn't working at Man Utd specifically? I would argue the lower level staff are being made to suffer because of failures at the top level of the club.

It's not a fad at all.

Yes I do mean in general. I can guarantee the vast majority of people would increase their productivity being in the office rather than at home and I include myself in that. Far too many distractions at home.

When you think of a club like United you need everyone together to get the best imo.

Last edited:
Yes I do mean in general. I can guarantee the vast majority of people would increase their productivity being in the office rather than at home and I include myself in that. Far too many distractions at home.

When you think of a club like United you need everyone together to get the best imo.

Evidence largely points to the opposite, that's just an outdated, old fashioned view.

No idea how things work at Man Utd in that respect so I couldn't really comment.

I don't like the WFH policy, it's antiquated. However it seems we have a bloated workforce so I get the trying to get it back into shape.

Yep, no problem with that element of it.

As Robbo said the exact opposite has been proven, people are actually more productive working from home than in the office as people tend to sign on earlier, not take full breaks and work longer, and you don’t have the “round the water cooler” talk or “20min smoke breaks” that you do in the office. The problem is companies and bosses are antiquated , and think that people who are WFH are just lying on the couch watching Netflix.

Last edited:
I don't like the WFH policy, it's antiquated. However it seems we have a bloated workforce so I get the trying to get it back into shape.

Yeah, that makes sense, but also there's the risk you'll struggle to attract the best staff afterwards because 99% of the work force want WFH or at least Hybrid. I wouldn't entertain a job (Accountant) without serious WFH elements and i don't see why it's needed for backroom staff at United to be in the office.

Back
Top Bottom