The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Man of Honour
OP
I mean this is just beyond damning, what a poor situation.

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag is preparing for the FA Cup final not knowing whether reports that he will be sacked, no matter what the result, are true.

Rumours about Ten Hag’s future intensified on Friday morning before The Guardian reported the Dutchman would lose his job in the aftermath whatever the outcome of the Wembley meeting with Manchester City on Saturday (15:00 BST).

United have refused to comment on the story.

Soldato
Rumours have definitely solidified over the last two days. I can't help but think Ineos could have handled this better. It's not a good look on the eve of a final but consistent with the mess of a club we are.

Ten Hag deserves more respect and they should have binned him weeks ago or announced he was here for another season.

However that's just the way football is. Sigh.

Soldato
I think the refusal by Utd to comment speaks volumes. But they’re now very much in the situation of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

He’ll be out the door in the next week.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What a joke of a club. Ineos are no different to glazers.

I can 100% assure you Sancho will be back playing for us in August too.

Club is just a toxic cess pit at the moment. ETH was never given a chance and always hounded by the press. I mean the guardian are saying it is fact without any source to back it up. At least BBC have the decency to say rumours even though it is probably true.

I am just about done with this club what a mess. :mad:

The guy is also a human being FFS. He has to walk out to a crowd of 90k with all this rubbish tomorrow. It is cruel and horrid Ineos are to blame for that.

Last edited:
Soldato

Club is just a toxic cess pit at the moment. ETH was never given a chance and always hounded by the press. I mean the guardian are saying it is fact without any source to back it up. At least BBC have the decency to say rumours even though it is probably true.

Utd is a business, a very big business. INEOS are a VERY BIG business, not wanting to sound *insert word here* (genuinely cant think of the word lol), it would not surprise me if Sancho and Greenwood came back to the squad. After all, a company this big will make, what seems to us, a bad mistake but will end up being a thing for the greater good. After all its business. people will be up in arms over things some will be over the moon over things. Can't please everyone and I think they will upset a lot of people getting things done.

Its a dog eats dog world out there. Personally I am sitting on the side lines, watching with great interest to how this whole summer and next season unfolds.

Edit: You say Ineos are like the Glazers, I don't think they are, they are in to clear up a ******* mess the Glazers have left. If it means seriously drastic measure, so be it.

Last edited:
Soldato

The guy is also a human being FFS. He has to walk out to a crowd of 90k with all this rubbish tomorrow. It is cruel and horrid Ineos are to blame for that.
I can’t see it being INEOS purposefully leaking this. It’ll just be one of the umpteen people at the club still working there before they even turned up that has done it. Place is full of them. It’s Utd, there’s a reason you hear more stuff you shouldn’t about us than anywhere else. It’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Better then a manager already knowing he is sacked before a massive cup final.

In all honesty it won't make a difference here. The players weren't going to go out there and be inspired by ETH.

This could actually rally the players a bit, but the reality is we're losing no matter what happens.

Soldato

He's a professional, and hasn't delivered. Sure it's crap that the club leaks like a sieve, but I can't feel bad for the guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay but I've absolutely no issue with him being let go based on last season.

I don't think we're as much of a write off in today's game as some people think. We've enough quality players to spring the odd upset, as long as we don't have Casemiro at CB, although obviously we're huge underdogs.

Soldato
Man Utd should have instantly got Poch as soon as Spurs were stupid enough to sack him. Then broke the bank to get Kane in the next window.

It was daft that they didn’t do it at the time now it’s just insanity in hindsight.

Around that time and a couple of transfer window you’ve had Fred £60m, Maguire £80m, Wan-Bissaka £50m, Donny £30m, Sancho £80m, Varane £40m and the £400m that ETH has signed. Kane and Poch in 2019 Utd are in a far better situation today.

Caporegime
He's a professional, and hasn't delivered. Sure it's crap that the club leaks like a sieve, but I can't feel bad for the guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay but I've absolutely no issue with him being let go based on last season.

I don't think we're as much of a write off in today's game as some people think. We've enough quality players to spring the odd upset, as long as we don't have Casemiro at CB, although obviously we're huge underdogs.

It has been an absolute horrid season but only finished 7 points behind Klopps disastrous season last year and Klopp didn't have to deal with players like Ronaldo or Sancho. His Liverpool side were also in a much stronger position being on a solid foundation or success.

I just think it would be mad to get rid of him especially as he just started to bring his own players in.

Far too much media spin bull going around as well.

You kick him out the door and in 18 month time the same rubbish again.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
You kick him out the door and in 18 month time the same rubbish again.

Yep. As I said before:

First Van Gaal was the answer to the Moyes problem. Then Mourinho was the answer to the Van Gaal problem. Then OGS was the answer to the Mourinho problem. Then ten Hag was the answer to the OGS problem. And now you all know how Liverpool felt, ten years into their 'not winning the league title' stretch.

Get rid of the manager, you get a bit of a bounce, but you're still not winning anything of note and haven't been for far too long.

Back
Top Bottom