The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

fez

fez

Caporegime
Maybe they meant big ego's. ;)

I mean, that is all that matters. Managing anyone is pretty easy if they don't have a big ego and will listen. Some of the people with the biggest egos are the least talented and competent people. That applies to all walks of life. Up to a point, far too many people see their salary and status as validation of their behaviour and views. "I am clearly very smart and important because I get paid a lot of money to do my job". This bleeds into every area of life. People who drive luxury cars tend to behave worse than people in normal value cars etc.

Caporegime
That would absolutely not surprise me, but I don’t think even he is that stupid

Depends what is considered stupid when he is banging in 20+ goals a season. People soon leave their morals behind when that happens. Just look at Suarez all those years ago.

Out of all the players that have come through the squad Greenwood has easily been the best United academy player I have seen since Paul Scholes. Too bad he buggered it all up big time. He could have been a superstar by now.

Soldato
Just wait until he brings Greenwood back...

I'd really like Utd to be hated again for the right reasons.

In fairness Man Utd is a men's football club. Everything they have has been paid for on the backs of the efforts of men playing football.

I really take exception to the utter sense of misplaced entitlement from the women's team.

Man of Honour
OP
Most were hoping for a nice big payday:D the guy seems like a bafoon that can’t send an email correctly!!

I think Ratcliffe has played it smart, he knew Newcastle were in a financial bind and appears to have exploited that.

That said, nobody has reported a compensation figure. I can’t remember what was offered initially but they’ve probably met somewhere in the middle.

It’s good that he’s starting immediately too. Let’s see if he lives up to his reputation!

Pet Northerner
Don
I think Ratcliffe has played it smart, he knew Newcastle were in a financial bind and appears to have exploited that.

That said, nobody has reported a compensation figure. I can’t remember what was offered initially but they’ve probably met somewhere in the middle.

It’s good that he’s starting immediately too. Let’s see if he lives up to his reputation!
He was 100% trying on because of our psr issues.

I’d almost expect him to use that tactic going forward to try to buy players

Soldato

The only number I seen in the past was we wanted 20m and you offered 2m. So who knows were it ended up. Everyone reporting that Newcastle are very happy with the deal and it’s pulled us off the naughty step and gives us some spending power!

fez

fez

Caporegime
The only number I seen in the past was we wanted 20m and you offered 2m. So who knows were it ended up. Everyone reporting that Newcastle are very happy with the deal and it’s pulled us off the naughty step and gives us some spending power!

Wait, you wanted £20m, didn't get it but you think that some amount between 2m and 20m is going to mean you can now spend like the kings of old? Sounds unlikely to me.

Soldato
Wait, you wanted £20m, didn't get it but you think that some amount between 2m and 20m is going to mean you can now spend like the kings of old? Sounds unlikely to me.
That and the 68millon we pulled out of our arse. 1 or 2 players heading for Saudi. Wage bill reduced. New sponsorship’s start this season. Should enable us to buy 2 quality players

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom