The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

fez

fez

Caporegime
That and the 68millon we pulled out of our arse. 1 or 2 players heading for Saudi. Wage bill reduced. New sponsorship’s start this season. Should enable us to buy 2 quality players

So not the Ashworth money at all really :p

"I sold my skateboard and now I can buy my dream home with a small loan of £300k from the bank"

Soldato
rumours we are negotiating for Zirkzee, Ugarte and De Light all a the same time :eek:
Not a chance are we working on these deals. Where are the men overseas with body doubles, where are the players we pay above the release clause, We need people with broken fax machines to scupper a deal. None of this proper football structure thank you kindly. Im not comfortable with my club trying to get deals over the line so early, where is the deadline day drama in that :D

Soldato
Not a chance are we working on these deals. Where are the men overseas with body doubles, where are the players we pay above the release clause, We need people with broken fax machines to scupper a deal. None of this proper football structure thank you kindly. Im not comfortable with my club trying to get deals over the line so early, where is the deadline day drama in that :D

What you've not factored in is the fact they'll all fall through and we sign Kalvin Philipps

Man of Honour
OP
New kit looks great, Snapdragon is a decent sponsor and logo, makes a change.

n3CoWnh.jpeg

Soldato
I very much doubt it. If It was going to be the amount Newcastle wanted then I am sure we would have sailed into Arbitration first.
The arbitration was between Ashworth and NUFC and nothing to do with manu, the fact that brexit Jim hasn’t released a statement claiming victory, suggests to me it was quite a bit more than the £2m offered

Man of Honour
OP
Official.

The arbitration was between Ashworth and NUFC and nothing to do with manu, the fact that brexit Jim hasn’t released a statement claiming victory, suggests to me it was quite a bit more than the £2m offered

We really don't know, the terms are supposed to be remaining confidential, so you can dream that it's £20m and we'll think it's £2m. :cool:

Anyway, he's in place pretty much as planned for July. A good result.

Soldato
Official.

We really don't know, the terms are supposed to be remaining confidential, so you can dream that it's £20m and we'll think it's £2m. :cool:

Anyway, he's in place pretty much as planned for July. A good result.
No I’m a realist, I would think we got between £8-12m, which is probably a fair result for both sides

Last edited:
Soldato
Crazy world of Football nowadays where Club execs are effectively being transferred and paid off in structured deals like this.
It’s the way it’s going though, look how much money Ashworth made Brighton with the structure he put in place and the structure he put in place made Newcastle a profit of £27m on a player that never kicked a ball for us, and no doubt would have been more if he stuck around longer. £12/13m would be a small price to pay if the return is 10x that.

Back
Top Bottom