The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

I assume its sponsorship obligations. Money talks.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were finalised/signed pre INEOS and this will be different next year. I can imagine Brailsford wouldn't be ok with this.

Last edited:
I assume its sponsorship obligations. Money talks.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were finalised/signed pre INEOS and this will be different next year. I can imagine Brailsford wouldn't be ok with this.
Indeed. I hope it’ll be different from next year too, but with Glazers in place still, there may still be pressure to have the USA preseason games regardless. Fingers crossed for Yoro, either way.

I feel sorry for the players who are getting injured. Yoro, literally just joined us and now off for a few months. Mount last year, played a few games and was out rest of the season, along with Hojlund. Its like any new player we get, gets instantly injured and doesnt play for ages.

Not followed any other teams, but has there been any injuries happening to any other new players?

I don't think we can blame the medical staff for these issues. Hojlund hasn't been doing anything for a while so its not overuse. Yoros is completely unforeseeable.

So five days to go - how are we all feeling about the prospect this season?

I'd be happier if we had seen more outgoings to signify a bigger break from the past. I'm thinking that McSauce, Eriksen, Lindelof, Sancho,Antony should all be exited.
The signings seem erm - Dutch and largely ex ten Hag players which really concerns me should we decide to bin him in November.
Yoro - fine, he's clearly a talent and should be an asset that can grow in value but he's so young and 19yo CBs are not the finished article
Zirkzee - No idea about him
De Ligt - injury prone, not good enough for European rivals? Risky but potentially better than Maguire, Evans, Lindelof
Mazraoui - no idea about him but Dalot needs genuine competition and AWB was never it

Still think we are short in central midfield. Casemiro is not a reliable no.6 on his own.
Hopeful for seeing further development of Mainoo, Garnacho, Mount, Amad.

Predict that we will challenge better for top four but believe there are at least 4 teams better than us. I'll settle for a more coherent style and better chance creation.

Overall, I'm just hoping to enjoy watching them a bit more. Last season was utterly depressing other than beating Liverpool and winning the Cup.

Still think we are short in central midfield. Casemiro is not a reliable no.6 on his own.

Now that ETH has a defence that can play higher up the pitch in the press, do you think Casemiro will have a better time of it? Last year it was clear that the defence was playing deeper as they didn’t have enough speed to cover the ground so left a chasm between the defence and midfield which Casemiro couldn’t cover

I am looking forward to the season regardless. This season is sink or swim and I think we actually have a good set of exciting players. Our biggest issue again will be injuries. Our back 4 is really good if it can stay fit. Centre of the park the only issue is Casemiro but I'm hoping that with a better back 4 and playing more on the front foot that won't be such an issue.

Getting rid of players is always going to be tough but I think we will see a few more outgoings before the window closes and potentially some competition/a replacement for Casemiro.

Amad is looking great on the right wing so that should relegate Antony. Garnacho has the left wing locked down and hopefully Rashford will have one of his good seasons rather than an abject one.

PMA people. PMA.

Back
Top Bottom