The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Lets wait until an actual journalist comments on it, not random twitter users.

If it is true then it's a leap saying the medical team missed it. Maybe they decided it was manageable and higher ups decided it was still worth it?

looks like Ferguson is the latest to be given the boot from his role at the club thanks to catweazel's cost cutting drive, wont be a global ambassador after the season ends.

looks like Ferguson is the latest to be given the boot from his role at the club thanks to catweazel's cost cutting drive, wont be a global ambassador after the season ends.

They claim it's amicable (and it may well be), but the optics aren't great.

Reports are saying he received £2.13million for the role when it started back in 2013. So if he's been getting that for the last 10+ years, that's a nice little earner for someone who probably doesn't need it at his age.

Makes sense to me. Especially when they've been letting people go who were on much lower.

Last edited:
Indeed, a lot of furore over nothing really and he’ll probably slow down more anyway. He’s not getting any younger. It’s not like he’ll be barred from going to any games of his choosing, or from speaking about Utd.

Last edited:
Yes, apparently he's been AXED following a BRUTAL phone call from Sir Jim! according to the Mirror.

Journo's love this stuff. All for the clicks.

Last edited:
Lets wait until an actual journalist comments on it, not random twitter users.

Yes, apparently he's been AXED following a BRUTAL phone call from Sir Jim! according to the Mirror.

Journo's love this stuff. All for the clicks.

Two different things I know but it does highlight how reliable journalists are especially the football ones. :o

Reports are saying he received £2.13million for the role when it started back in 2013. So if he's been getting that for the last 10+ years, that's a nice little earner for someone who probably doesn't need it at his age.

Makes sense to me. Especially when they've been letting people go who were on much lower.
The idea of Man Utd paying Fergie over £20m since he retired is just insane. To be honest he needs to be banned from the club for a year to have some sort of clean break

Naturally, I don’t think a ban would be the right way of doing things. Ultimately though a “rest” from the club or however it may be described is what the club needs. His continued presence has undermined every manager to have succeeded him.

The idea of Man Utd paying Fergie over £20m since he retired is just insane. To be honest he needs to be banned from the club for a year to have some sort of clean break

Naturally, I don’t think a ban would be the right way of doing things. Ultimately though a “rest” from the club or however it may be described is what the club needs. His continued presence has undermined every manager to have succeeded him.

Isn't it basically the same as a final salary pension? Paying him 2 million a year is quite frankly pocket change for what he brought to the club.

Rashford gets more than that after 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom