The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

See it's at this point you should realise you're talking nonsense. If you can't come up with a realistic alternate plan then maybe it isn't a good idea?
i have a realistic alternative plan....don't play players with clear temperament issues. those 2 to begin with stink the place out. bruno is hugely talented but his horrible, rotten, spitefulness is something a team in utd's position can do without. he's a luxury player we simply cannot afford given the state of the current team.

i have a realistic alternative plan....don't play players with clear temperament issues. those 2 to begin with stink the place out. bruno is hugely talented but his horrible, rotten, spitefulness is something a team in utd's position can do without. he's a luxury player we simply cannot afford given the state of the current team.
spitefulness? The same guy that gives up penalties to people he thinks need a confidence boost is spiteful now?

spitefulness? The same guy that gives up penalties to people he thinks need a confidence boost is spiteful now?
I do think people take issue with him largely because of his face. The guy can’t do all that much about it. And his behaviour is basically the same as 95% of footballers.

I’d say he’s anything but spiteful, he’s just a footballer who wants to win.

Last edited:
When the chips are down a subset of fans will find anything to snipe at people about. Martial got people complaining that he didn't show enough emotion, Bruno gets complaints that he shows too much emotion lol.

When the chips are down a subset of fans will find anything to snipe at people about. Martial got people complaining that he didn't show enough emotion, Bruno gets complaints that he shows too much emotion lol.
he can show as much emotion as he wants, no one is complaining about that. it's how he shows it. for example, some of his tackling is utterly shameful, especially when things aren't going according to plan.

I do think people take issue with him largely because of his face. The guy can’t do all that much about it. And his behaviour is basically the same as 95% of footballers.

I’d say he’s anything but spiteful, he’s just a footballer who wants to win.
yea, unfortunately a lot of folk just judge poor ole Bruno on his 'resting bitch' face. don't get me wrong despite what i've posted i actually love him for his technical abilities, he's got skills to burn but his attitude on the pitch is full of spite and no actual fight (spite is maybe the wrong word) he's also completely the wrong sort of player to be leading at team that is so sorely missing leaders on the pitch.

yea, unfortunately a lot of folk just judge poor ole Bruno on his 'resting bitch' face. don't get me wrong despite what i've posted i actually love him for his technical abilities, he's got skills to burn but his attitude on the pitch is full of spite and no actual fight (spite is maybe the wrong word) he's also completely the wrong sort of player to be leading at team that is so sorely missing leaders on the pitch.
Perhaps you’re looking for the word ‘petulant’? He has a bit of a childlike quality about his temperament at times.

In interviews, I always think he comes across well and has a good attitude. And I think this is what he was chosen to be captain based on, this side of him. Yet yes, his on pitch ways doesn’t seem to chime with that of a captain.

But also, being in our current team must be incredibly frustrating. I would probably be making a similar face and acting out too in his position!

Last edited:
Garnacho for Rashford

Can Mainoo or Mount do the Bruno role/similar? In fact can't Zirkzee do it now?

Would be something different at least because things aren't working currently.
Garnacho has been pretty poor this season, been the most guilty of missing chances. I'd still prefer to see him on the right. He was dreadful yesterday, far worse than Rashford.

Mount is constantly injured and nowhere near as creative as Bruno. Mainoo is needed deeper in midfield. Zirkzee could but the problem is we only have 2 strikers and neither of them can play 90 mins currently so it's not an option. We need one to come on for the other. Eriksen is probably the only option to replace Bruno but he comes with his own problems and can't press, or play 90 mins well.

Perhaps you’re looking for the word ‘petulant’? He has a bit of a childlike quality about his temperament at times.

In interviews, I always think he comes across well and has a good attitude. And I think this is what he was chosen to be captain based on, this side of him. Yet yes, his on pitch ways doesn’t seem to chime with that of a captain.

But also, being in our current team must be incredibly frustrating. I would probably be making a similar face and acting out too in his position!
Indeed that is the correct word I was looking for - ‘petulant’
And yea I’ll agree he’s very eloquent when he speaks on camera. But his behaviour on the pitch tells a different story.
It most certainly will be frustrating for someone like him but waving his arms about like a baby and making horrid nippy tackles isn’t the best look from a captain.

Garnacho has been pretty poor this season, been the most guilty of missing chances. I'd still prefer to see him on the right. He was dreadful yesterday, far worse than Rashford.

Mount is constantly injured and nowhere near as creative as Bruno. Mainoo is needed deeper in midfield. Zirkzee could but the problem is we only have 2 strikers and neither of them can play 90 mins currently so it's not an option. We need one to come on for the other. Eriksen is probably the only option to replace Bruno but he comes with his own problems and can't press, or play 90 mins well.

Tbf to Garnacho he hasnt started games, and I think he has performed better than Rashford who ten hag keeps faith with time after time in hope

He assisted yesterday from the cross he was working his ass off , he puts in a shift unlike Rashford , if he isn't scoring or creating chances he isnt helping, Rashford side always gets exposed by opposition runners

Last edited:
Who assisted yesterday? Garnacho? He didn't. The problem is Garnacho is still very selfish, especially on the left. He came on yesterday and had a lot of very speculative shots from range.

I don't think Garnacho has done any worse than Rashford so far and with less starts , maybe I've seen Rashford and luggage that it brings long enough, and willing to give a kid a chance

Id like to see how much minutes both have had so far and contributions in goals and assists?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom