The Marvels

Soldato
I don't think it was as bad as everyone makes out. Ok, it wasn't great and it is definitely let down by the last 40 minutes or so. Terrible story/script which really shows towards the end. It's better than Eternals and the second black pantha movie though, so at least it had that going for it :)
That's enough to make my own opinion then :)

Soldato
Watched it last night, wasn't expecting a musical to break out in the middle of the film, pacing was all over where you can tell the reshoots were slotted in.

Not as bad as the internet made out but it's certainly one of the weaker Marvel films.

Associate
I feel like I'm too invested in the MCU now to not watch this, even though I really don't want to watch it!
Yep thats how i felt, watched it last night, wish i hadnt bothered.

It's worse than expected, no on screen chemistry or even cohesion. And one of the worst protagonists that's been in a recent film.

2/10

Soldato
Everything from "It's the greatest film ever shot" to "Bleach your eyeballs" seems to be the range of reviews online :D

In the end only you can say whether its worth watching, worst case just give it a go and let us know what you thought.

The people claiming it is the greatest film ever are probably the same sort of people who would call the masterpiece artwork the mona lisa, it's just a painting of an ugly fat chick.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not even close to the worst superhero film yet, I doubt it's in the top 5. Hell it wasn't even the worst last year. Personally thought The Flash, Shazam 2 and Ant Man were all worse. That's not even including older stinkers like Morbius, Elektra, Green Lantern, Blade 3, Catwoman etc.

Associate
For the past 2 years Marvel movies have been increasingly unoriginal, boring and uninspired IMHO. Last memorable ones were Thor Ragnorak and the last Black Panther film. Unlike many, I didn't like Guardians 3 either, first two were much better IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom