The Matrix 4

Soldato
I kept waiting for Keanu to say “I guess you could say I’m back!”

I’m pretty sure the whole plot has allegedly been leaked online btw if people are desperate to find out what it’s about.

Soldato
Looks good - i'm in!

From the trailer it seems Neo has been kept 'asleep' by taking the blue pills and he 'awakens' (again). So not sure how Trinity is still alive unless she is simply a software in the Matrix?

It would be interesting if the 'real world' was just another layer in the Matrix ie layers of reality like Inception, this would explain how Neo could manipulate in the 'real world', but i doubt it is that.

Either way - hyped :)

Soldato
Looks like a fan made movie tbh. Cheap, I can't put my finger on it but it's abit like that soap opera effect when it's not 24fps. Also lacks the signature Matrix colour grading (green, muted grayish).

All this will be fixed in post of course but the story does peak my interest though please let's not over use the first film for reference otherwise all the mystery will be gone.

It's intentionally shot differently. So don't bet on it.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Looks good - i'm in!

From the trailer it seems Neo has been kept 'asleep' by taking the blue pills and he 'awakens' (again). So not sure how Trinity is still alive unless she is simply a software in the Matrix?

Given that all humans are now farmed and not born naturally, I'm guessing there clones and this is set several 100s of years in the future.

Soldato
Do dislike it when a movie uses stuff like that which roots them firmly in a specific time period which might not be a defining mark of the setting of the movie. Hence why a lot of this social justice stuff, etc. just ruin so many movies especially sci-fi, etc. movies like Aliens did it fine while still remaining largely timeless in that respect and not ruining the movie (even if there are some Vietnam war era influences).

I'm definitely getting grumpy in my "old" age hah but so many movies lately have been just trash - I've really struggled to enjoy a lot of the stuff which has come out in the last few years.
That's because most films these days are trash. That's not grumpy That's having taste :p

Hollywood is bankrupt of ideas so be prepared for every single franchise you grew up with to be destroyed by a bunch of hacks.

Caporegime
Given that all humans are now farmed and not born naturally, I'm guessing there clones and this is set several 100s of years in the future.

Yeah, he got cloned but can remember the events from the previous movies making him more bad ass than what he should be on the normal 'balancing' loop.

IIRC there's a part in one of the trilogy where it's explained he isn't the first and there a big line of this happening repeatedly. I assume before no one could remember or it was different people, where as now this clone can remember.

It has been a while but I'm sure I remember this conversation between Smith and Neo.

Edit - After a quick google it was heavily hinted that Neo wasn't the first 'The One'

Another edit - It wasn't hinted at, he was downright told. Ha.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, he got cloned but can remember the events from the previous movies making him more bad ass than what he should be on the normal 'balancing' loop.

IIRC there's a part in one of the trilogy where it's explained he isn't the first and there a big line of this happening repeatedly. I assume before no one could remember or it was different people, where as now this clone can remember.

It has been a while but I'm sure I remember this conversation between Smith and Neo.

Edit - After a quick google it was heavily hinted that Neo wasn't the first 'The One'

Right, it's baked into the code that each iteration of the Matrix with have a Zion, The One, etc otherwise the Matrix isnt stable or something...that part was total balls though, such a goofy scene, came across as super pretentious.

Caporegime
Right, it's baked into the code that each iteration of the Matrix with have a Zion, The One, etc otherwise the Matrix isnt stable or something...that part was total balls though, such a goofy scene, came across as super pretentious.

Yeah - I just watched it. It's a good way to make sure they can end it and still continuously make more and more movies though.

Soldato

I don't understand that, Zion isn't in the Matrix its in the real world

Soldato
After the 2 sequels I shall go into the cinema expecting it to be bad but will be willing it to be, at the very least, good. The trailer has done its job on me but many trailers have done that in the past for me to only be let down.

Caporegime
Ah ok thanks, I'll read that again after a couple more coffees but they are referring to Zion in the real world and it gets destroyed and rebuilt with every iteration is what I gathered.

Yes every Neo before our Neo choose to have Zion destroyed and then rebuilt. So every iteration a new real world Zion is built with new real people and then people come out of the matrix, Neo turns up eventually and repeat. It was they only way they could get the Matrix to work with the people who rejected the programme. Obviously our Neo broke that loop.

Soldato
Yes every Neo before our Neo choose to have Zion destroyed and then rebuilt. So every iteration a new real world Zion is built with new real people and then people come out of the matrix, Neo turns up eventually and repeat. It was they only way they could get the Matrix to work with the people who rejected the programme. Obviously our Neo broke that loop.

Yeah thanks I get it now, watched the first last night and will watch the second and third over next couple of weeks so knowing this will be help me understand the 3rd a bit better because I've only seen that one once and don't really remember it.

Can't wait to see how the next one fits into it all.

Soldato

You forgot because - 'love' :D

Soldato
I think I need a Matrix marathon before watching this! The original is one of my favourite movies of all time but then.. well.. ya know. Need to refresh my memory

Soldato
There is a lot of meta going on in this trailer

if we remember back in The Matrix cypher mentioned how he wanted to be someone important "like an actor" in the matrix. then there's 2 split second scenes of the first matrix being shown on a projector (1:56) and at the end of trailer the agent mentions "that we are going back to the matrix". if i had to guess Keanu is reprising the role of Neo as an Actor making a movie about the matrix. All the scenes that we are seeing could be for the matrix movie inside the matrix. it's not until he goes to the counselling sessions that something doesn't feel right and he feels that he's going crazy.

Or he is the Architect which is why we see an older Neo in the mirror that looks similar to the Architect from Matrix Reloaded. Neo is the one making up trinity and morpheus so he can stay in matrix and create what ever he wants.

Back
Top Bottom