The Matrix 4

Associate
So we're really at the stage where a trailer that's nothing but 2 and a half minutes of member berries about the first film is enough to get you guys on board?

Soldato
Noticed that David Mitchell of Cloud Atlas fame is involved in the writing, so I'm now a tad more excited as that was a film I thoroughly enjoyed despite being presented in a jarring and unique way.

Associate
So we're really at the stage where a trailer that's nothing but 2 and a half minutes of member berries about the first film is enough to get you guys on board?

I'd go to watch it even if there were no trailers at all released. While 2 and 3 were a bit naff, the first Matrix was very influential and a great film, so I'm excited to go see 4 just to see how they return to that whole world after so many years.

Soldato
Oh quelle surprise it looks like it's **** then?

Hollywood really is a joke, completely bereft of ideas and creativity, and they wonder why no-on wants to go to the cinema any more.

Soldato
Independent loved it, Guardian didn't. Hhhhmmm, I am going on with low expectations anyway.
I usually check what films the critic in question has reviewed, for example the independent critic in question gave Spiderman 3/5 and Ghostbusters Afterlife 2/5 and gave this a 4/5. She did give dune a 5/5 and interestingly the 2016 Ghostbusters a 4/5. She seems a bit all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom