The Matrix 4

Caporegime
Wow, you guys must have been at the really early showings....:D
ever heard of streaming services ?
The Matrix Resurrections premiered in US theatres and on HBO Max on 22nd December 2021.

Kind of liked the first half, bit of tension, seems like it could be a bit of Inception with layers of reality etc.

tbh at one point it did seem maybe kinda promising with the matrix video game kinda tie in thing as the games + mmo were all considered cannon I believe.

but then it's just meh whatever.... it's just another avg netflix style action movie with crappy actors

are any of the action sequence even memorable to anyone else ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is it true the first scene is word for word the same as the first film?
HBO Max + VPN for me :D

Not actually watched it yet, thats for tonight but these early reviews don't look good.
That's what I was going to say, plus, screw going to the cinema in the current climate.

Caporegime
Is it true the first scene is word for word the same as the first film?
yea to a point.
there's a reason for it but at the end of the day I think that reason is nostalgia feels more than the actual plot

how can we try and get the feeling of the original matrix film without just remaking it all then people might be tricked into thinking the movie is good :p

it almost works it really does and then you get the office talk...

warner bros were going to do it without us anyway..... so we made this movie.. thats basically said in the actual film...

I guess it's true and why this ended up being so crap.

unless it was supposed to be a blue/red pill there never was a choice kinda thing cos they would have made it anyway... who knows

Caporegime
Jeremy Jahns noted there were some really great concepts but it didn't deliver on the execution.
the IGN review is kinda short and pretty much spot on

also the review is kinda spoiler free if you watched a trailer. mostly just says how crap it is :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
We watched it and as mentioned in the posts earlier, it was disappointing. Seems like a cash grab to me as no way can one seriously look at that script and say that will be a worthy sequel.

The casting for Agent Smith was terrible. Was not a fan of the casting for the Analyst or Morphious either, but those were no way near as bad as Agent Smith. I would have just preferred if they got the original cast back if they were going to cast like that. Was not a fan of any of the new characters or cast either. Could not give a **** about them at all.

In the end it was just a nostalgia trip. Will give it a 6.5 and that is me being very generous. Worth a watch, just keep your expectations super low and don’t bother going cinema.

Soldato
The casting for Agent Smith was terrible. Was not a fan of the casting for the Analyst or Morphious either, but those were no way near as bad as Agent Smith. I would have just preferred if they got the original cast back if they were going to cast like that. Was not a fan of any of the new characters or cast either. Could not give a **** about them at all.
Hugo Weaving was originally going to reprise his role but had a falling out with lana wachowski not long before shooting was suppose to start apparently, left under mysterious circumstances..

Caporegime
Was not a fan of any of the new characters or cast either. Could not give a **** about them at all.
The new operator guy or whatever.... all I could thing off everytime he was on screen is ....
The borg lol....

No hardlines too.... just ruins the whole idea, mirrors are lame

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Hugo Weaving was originally going to reprise his role but had a falling out with lana wachowski not long before shooting was suppose to start apparently, left under mysterious circumstances..

Interesting.

[Edit]
"Lana was very keen for me to be a part of [The Matrix 4]," said Weaving. "I really wanted to because I'm very, very fond of all of them. I had some initial reticence about the idea of going back to revisit 'The Matrix' after having already done three films, but then I read the script and got an offer to my agent. I immediately responded yes to that, and then we went into negotiation."

Unfortunately, the timing didn't work for the film and its villain, much to Weaving's disappointment. "I was doing a play, at the time, but we were working out dates and things so that I could do both," he admitted. "And then, Lana decided that she didn't wanna change her dates, so I couldn't do it. In a nutshell, that's what happened." It's always a shame when that classic bug issue of scheduling conflicts gets in the way. Seeing Neo square off against Smith again would be like a modern-day Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader. But the question remains — who will be the new adversary to the film's seemingly forgotten freedom fighter?
"

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Having Hugo would have elevated the film a lot imo.

Sure with that script and cast it would not have saved the movie, but would still have been much much better.

The new operator guy or whatever.... all I could thing off everytime he was on screen is ....
The borg lol....

No hardlines too.... just ruins the whole idea, mirrors are lame

Lol. Yea, they messed it up.

Interesting.

[Edit]
"Lana was very keen for me to be a part of [The Matrix 4]," said Weaving. "I really wanted to because I'm very, very fond of all of them. I had some initial reticence about the idea of going back to revisit 'The Matrix' after having already done three films, but then I read the script and got an offer to my agent. I immediately responded yes to that, and then we went into negotiation."

Unfortunately, the timing didn't work for the film and its villain, much to Weaving's disappointment. "I was doing a play, at the time, but we were working out dates and things so that I could do both," he admitted. "And then, Lana decided that she didn't wanna change her dates, so I couldn't do it. In a nutshell, that's what happened." It's always a shame when that classic bug issue of scheduling conflicts gets in the way. Seeing Neo square off against Smith again would be like a modern-day Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader. But the question remains — who will be the new adversary to the film's seemingly forgotten freedom fighter?
"

Exactly. Such shortsightedness. Lana was too busy cramming woke **** down our throats to care.

Caporegime
Without Laurence fishburne and Hugo weaving a reunion film was always gonna be missing something.
Those characters/actors are just too iconic.

Glad I've got HBO max and surfshark for this one.

Soldato
Meh, pretty much instantly forgettable. If anything all it does is cheapen the entire franchise. Too many flashbacks to the original movie. The action scences seem to focussed on numbers of opponents, excessive use of CGI and lack the finesse of the original movies. The sexual chemistry between Keanu and Carrie is even more flat and unbelievable that it was in the original!

On the plus side Neil Patrick Harris is awesome as always but other than that it's hard to believe 20 years passed and this was the best remkae plot they could dream up. Hugely disappointed.

Soldato
I have mixed feelings about this movie, it just wasn't very Matrix-ie, not like the original trilogy. This move is only for people that watched and liked the originals. I will probably never watch it again, it just didn't have that many good moments. Not the worst of plots but some of the fighting scenes were very poorly done, especially the ones where there were a lot of people involved at the same time. Kinda disappointed but have seen worse.

Soldato
I dunno to me nowhere near as bad as some reviews are making it. Its not a perfect film by any stretch but I think its main problem is that it doesnt really give you any reason as to why the film exists in the first place.
I think the first half is the most interesting but the ending sure is whack. The fight scenes are mostly mob based which are hard to follow, and it works much better 1-1. The physics across the film feel too 'floaty', every scene has someone or something flying through the air weirdly. There was also way to much unnecessary slo-mo.

The new Morpheus was cool as the Matrix version but why ruin him in the real world.
I liked Agent Smith and his entire arc and Bugs was cool , honestly they should have just made a movie with those two in it and called it a day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom