The Matrix 4

Associate
I'd like to know where all the good story writers went in the movie industry. Movies in the 2000s were so different than the past decade.
I would imagine most living fiction writers well known or not wouldn't want to let Hollywood get anywhere near their work with the current trend of soullessly made movies made for profit alone.

Soldato
I think people need to remember, just as was said in the movie, Warner Bros we’re going to do another one with or without Lana. So she called them out in the movie while making a distinctly average movie to boot.

How very childish of her. Ruining the very thing she created to get a pathetic point across whilst wasting my time and money. She could have pre-warned me it was a political pile o **** that I shouldn't bother with.

Soldato
How very childish of her. Ruining the very thing she created to get a pathetic point across whilst wasting my time and money. She could have pre-warned me it was a political pile o **** that I shouldn't bother with.
Would have thought all the film's the wachowski's made after the original matrix would have shown you it wouldn't have been very good?

Soldato
Wife and I just watched this, we were both confused as hell for the first 30 minutes, she was confused for most of it. Like Spiderman I've avoided everything written about it and it didnt match my expectations.

The fight scenes were just meh, I think with the ones in the Matrix being so ground breaking they had to do something special to pull it all off. For some reason the coffee shop especially at night reminded me of the bar in Spiderman 3 where he does the dance of thing.
They even take the mick out of "bullet-time" at one point did it really need go to there ?
Some nice ideas but for me it was just not very good. Will need another watch at sometime and will get it on UHD disc to add to my collection.

Caporegime
It almost seems like a meme of our current world. Neo is sick and tired of the whole woke world we live in now and is the old guard of how it used to be.

Also has already been mentioned. The originals were so ground breaking in what they did whilst the effects are decent in this it hasn't taken it to the next level which almost makes it feel like it has gone backwards.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Along side the rest of the "it's an homage" type stuff, did anyone else feel like the female vocal cover of Rage Against The Machines "Wake Up" just summed up the failures of the film perfectly - A poor copy which was far worse than the Original was.

EDIT - It was by Brass Against, whose female vocalist was arrested for peeing on the face of a fan at a gig :D

It was put in there to be simply woke because it was a woman singing a male song. I love covers of male songs by females but you just know when something has been done as a tick box. Just like the ending was.

I mean Ellen Ripley was a female lead who wasn't forced and was fantastic for it. Now it is just a whole tick box for the sake of it.

Soldato
It was put in there to be simply woke because it was a woman singing a male song.

The live version of "Wake Up" when done by Brass Against is actually pretty good TBH (as a RATM fan myself), the female vocalist really captures that raw/angry tone which is a RATM speciality. It's just that the "studio" version they used for the end of the film is just so weak in comparison, even to their own Live performance, never mind against RATM themselves.

However whether picking them was done specifically to be "woke" (as a female vocal cover of a male vocal song) or it was just because Brass Against are currently "fashionable" to listen to in the younger/progressive demographic, I don't know but I just find it odd to have picked the "weaker" version (Studio instead of the better Live one).

Soldato
Shame, isn't great is it :(

I rewatched the first part - Matrix loop, but when we open on Neo coding the Binary game - the wheels very quickly come off.

Imaging if they got rid of that crap and continued with Matrix loops, Io, bringing back Hugo W, getting rid of that awful ending - it would have been pretty great. I can see Neo been captured by the machines and it has taken this long for him to be broke free - but no, they went with the shi!t show we got :(

Soldato
If you haven’t seen this wait for it to be on streaming services. Only go to the cinema if you have an unlimited pass like me.

Soldato
Watched this tonight, I'm just left feeling that it was an utterly pointless film to make, it brought nothing new. Fights scenes were pretty meh too.

Franchise should have stayed finished

Caporegime
Would have thought all the film's the wachowski's made after the original matrix would have shown you it wouldn't have been very good?
as soon as they stopped being bros and became sisters they went downhill.

sense8 was good though imo, but IDK if I ever bothered to watch the finale

Back
Top Bottom