The Medium - Dual-Reality horror game

Soldato
DLSS is the one thing RTX cards are good at though! :p Game is still not live for some reason even though the timer stopped I think they got the time wrong on it!!

Man of Honour
It’s a beautiful looking game. The YouTube videos didn’t do it justice.

The split screen sections are very clever and well done. I like something that hasn’t been done before, at least not like this.

Needs to be played with a decent headset. The sound is on point.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd say that something isnt quite right, its running ok for me but the strange thing is that no matter what graphical options I change the fps remains the same, give or take an fps, it doesnt really rise or lower when I change the settings. Which is odd. Sounds like something a patch might remedy, however....loving the game so far, very atmospheric, split screen mechanic works well too :)

Anyone see the Monty Python reference in your apartment ? :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It’s a beautiful looking game. The YouTube videos didn’t do it justice.

The split screen sections are very clever and well done. I like something that hasn’t been done before, at least not like this.

Needs to be played with a decent headset. The sound is on point.

I agree with that, I've already seen many desktop wallpaper worthy screens :)

Man of Honour
Theres loads of easter eggs in this !

So far I've seen a reference to Monty Python, to the haunted hotel room movie 1408 and to Napoleon Dynamite :)

Soldato
Hows everyones performance? mine is varying massively from 1080p everything maxed but no rt i get from 140+ all the way down to mid 60-70s.
Same for ray tracing, i'll be sitting comfortably at 60+fps with raytracing some scenes and then low 50s others, and then theres the split haha turned ray tracing off completely and i get about 50fps in splits.

on 5800x and rx6800

Man of Honour
Hows everyones performance? mine is varying massively from 1080p everything maxed but no rt i get from 140+ all the way down to mid 60-70s.
Same for ray tracing, i'll be sitting comfortably at 60+fps with raytracing some scenes and then low 50s others, and then theres the split haha turned ray tracing off completely and i get about 50fps in splits.

on 5800x and rx6800

Mines fine in 1440, at least it feels fine. I looked at the fps numbers in the first 10 mins, hovering around the 50, but then I stopped looking, turned it off and decided to just go on whether it feels ok, which it does. At least its ok enough for me, its not like I'm playing Doom Eternal where the fps is a huge importance :)

Soldato
Mines fine in 1440, at least it feels fine. I looked at the fps numbers in the first 10 mins, hovering around the 50, but then I stopped looking, turned it off and decided to just go on whether it feels ok, which it does. At least its ok enough for me, its not like I'm playing Doom Eternal where the fps is a huge importance :)

Yeah, 45-50fps in the split scenes feels fine for me especially with adaptive sync and like you say for a story game it doesn't matter hugely.
Game is definitely a nice change of pace though so far good story games are so few and far between these days I feel.

Back
Top Bottom