• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Medium supports RT for both AMD and Mvidia at launch

Soldato
What kind of rubbish is this? Can't even reach 60fps with DLSS on lol. The graphics aren't even that good to begin with.
I remember some Nvidia fanboys were practically jizzing themselves because it supported RT + DLSS. 'The Medium' settings is probably what everyone will be playing at :D.

Soldato
Point of the game missed entirely. It’s rendering two worlds at the same time on screen. There’s a cost to that.

The video was not visibly rendering 2 worlds as far as I can see. You'd think they would be using occlusion culling or similar technique to not render a world that is invisible until you switch to it.

Soldato

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Ok it's not just Nvidia, the consoles are like super bad

Xbox Series X: Ultra settings, Ray Tracing ON = 900p 30fps

Xbox Series S: Ultra Settings, Ray Tracing OFF = 650p 30fps

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...deeper-look-at-xboxs-first-next-gen-only-game

Those quoted figures are the minimum seen from time to time,not the average

It clearly states in the same article;

Single world renders; with dynamic resolution

4k with drops Series X
1080p with drops Series S

Dual worlds renders

1440p with drops to 900p Series X
900p with drops to 635p Series S

So yes its a poor show but those minimum are not constant, and for a £450 and £250 consoles they are pretty good!

Soldato
Can someone explain this single/dual world thing?

If you only have one screen then a gpu can only push the pixels that screen has and no more? If a second world is being rendered then surely that’s a job for the cpu which then feeds the info to the gpu when it wants to swap worlds?

Soldato
Did but didn't like them for the same reason. Just find games like that so restrictive when you are forced into certain camera views, makes navigating areas a right pita imo
Yeah it is annoying. I'm playing Heavy Rain just now which is a bit like a modern Fahrenheit, cool story but fixed camera angles which cause you walk in circles!

Associate
Until Direct storage comes on pc it will be funny to see people like some in this thread going all like ‘unoptimized garbage’. They cant hanlde that these little 500$ boxes are more advanced than their pcs. Yeah you got a faster gpu, cpu etc.. maybe ( if you got a rtx 2080+), but the whole package without direct storage in a game like this will choke your system.

yes the res is in line with perf on xbox sx but guess what? The pc chokes repeatedly while the xbx only has some small frame pacing issues.

Soldato
OP
Did a very brief test this morning, the game is live on gamepass now.

Skipped the cutscenes and just looked at performance in the apartment where the game starts for a couple minutes thats it.

During that time I observed the following numbers

40fps with settings on 4k Ultra, Ray Tracing ON, DLSS Off, Fidelity FX On

100fps with settings on 4k Ultra, Ray Tracing ON, DLSS On, Fidelity FX On

Soldato
H’actually surely that makes no difference to gpu usage? Cpu usage yes but even if the game is running multiple games it can only move 8m pixels at anyone time (4K) ???

Or am I on the wrong track!
I don't understand the science behind personally but that seems to the explanation going around as to it's pants performance.

Soldato
I don't understand the science behind personally but that seems to the explanation going around as to it's pants performance.
I don’t understand it then as in theory the game could be running one million different games at once and the (very powerful cpu) would hand 8 pixels per game to the gpu to render. (4K)

All the gpu does in gaming is to render what the cpu tells it to do but it can’t physically render more or less than the pixels on the screen (super sampling aside).

Permabanned
H’actually surely that makes no difference to gpu usage? Cpu usage yes but even if the game is running multiple games it can only move 8m pixels at anyone time (4K) ???

Or am I on the wrong track!

Wrong track. The game has double the geometry to work with during split scenes. It's especially hard going if RT is used within both scenes as that means building and processing of 2 BVH structures.

It doesn't look to be the best optimised title ever, but it also isn't the worst. It certainly doesn't deserve the hate that some are throwing on forums / Youtube.

Caporegime
Did a very brief test this morning, the game is live on gamepass now.

Skipped the cutscenes and just looked at performance in the apartment where the game starts for a couple minutes thats it.

During that time I observed the following numbers

40fps with settings on 4k Ultra, Ray Tracing ON, DLSS Off, Fidelity FX On

100fps with settings on 4k Ultra, Ray Tracing ON, DLSS On, Fidelity FX On

Proof required in video form.

Back
Top Bottom