**The Mental Health Thread**

Associate
Hope everyone is doing ok.

I have now upped my Escitalopram to 2.5mg feeling a bit rough in the afternoons and very anxious in the mornings still. Need to give it a bit of time to settle down and see how it goes.

Have a full spine MRI on Friday which is causing my Anxiety to spike a fair bit so hard to know whats what at the moment.
Doing pretty well thanks but the tiredness persists. I'm amazed you are on 2.5mg Escitalopram as when I was taken off Citalopram I was put straight onto 10mg then upped to 20mg.

Soldato
Doing pretty well thanks but the tiredness persists. I'm amazed you are on 2.5mg Escitalopram as when I was taken off Citalopram I was put straight onto 10mg then upped to 20mg.

Yeah it’s a low dose but I’m really sensitive to meds since having my colon removed. I’m settling at each up dose for a few weeks before moving up a bit more. Tbh even at 2.5mg I’m feeling it especially the side effects which are tolerable but unpleasant. I also take a 1/4 tablet of Mirtazapine at night so that adds in a little bit more.

Associate
Yeah it’s a low dose but I’m really sensitive to meds since having my colon removed. I’m settling at each up dose for a few weeks before moving up a bit more. Tbh even at 2.5mg I’m feeling it especially the side effects which are tolerable but unpleasant. I also take a 1/4 tablet of Mirtazapine at night so that adds in a little bit more.
Well done for sticking with it. It's hard being on meds at the best of times.

Soldato
Since the new medication I’ve felt much better. Still slightly jittery in the mornings but it’s helped.

I spoke to my GP, and we spoke about my work and what I did. He was quite adamant that it’s more than likely the mixture of the job as my personal issues have been sorted. Yesterday I left my job and in all honesty I’ve never felt better.

One thing he said and it’s stuck with me since, “If you leave, the company won’t collapse”. Really changed my perspective about certain things.

Soldato
I’ve been put on elvanse for my adhd and it seems more effective.

does anyone know of any seamless budgeting apps? I’m looking st Emma, need to be in control of money, I’ve never got into trouble and could manage 0% cards etc but I obsess over buying stuff big and small…like an addiction. I now know that’s part of my adhd issues

Capodecina
Soldato
does anyone know of any seamless budgeting apps? I’m looking st Emma, need to be in control of money, I’ve never got into trouble and could manage 0% cards etc but I obsess over buying stuff big and small…like an addiction. I now know that’s part of my adhd issues

Would like to know this too. I tried YNAB but it's too complicated for me.

Soldato
I’ve been put on elvanse for my adhd and it seems more effective.

I had that problem with spending. I was easily spending £200 a month on rubbish, but I told myself I wouldn't buy anything apart from Tesco groceries, shower gel and toilet roll. I let myself keep YouTube Premium because I enjoyed it so much and kept Apple Music because I can't survive without music. Everything else I cancelled.

Depending on your bank, you could probably put a block on your credit card regarding certain sellers.

Soldato
Had a bad day yesterday really feeling some of the side effects. Keep getting a mild burning sensation at times in different places. Probably didn’t help I scared myself silly reading surviving antidepressants again and convinced myself I’m kindling or something.

Trying to read less internet stuff today I need to stick to NHS stuff only but damn Health Anxiety makes it difficult…

Blehhhhh

Caporegime
Anyone else find all these NHS problems and striking send their anxiety crazy? My anxiety is specifically health related, I have to tune out sometimes as I can feel the good ol' chest tightness coming on, the difficult breathing and you know a panic attack is in the post.​

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a bad day yesterday really feeling some of the side effects. Keep getting a mild burning sensation at times in different places. Probably didn’t help I scared myself silly reading surviving antidepressants again and convinced myself I’m kindling or something.

Trying to read less internet stuff today I need to stick to NHS stuff only but damn Health Anxiety makes it difficult…

Blehhhhh
Got to stay away from them places mate, block them from your router if you have to.

It's a very small number of people who have issues with antidepressants considering the amount that get prescribed every day. Funny there's no antidepressants are great forum, for all the people they help!

People only talk about the bad stuff, no one seems to want to mention the good things.

Burning sensations on antidepressants are totally normal when you first start taking them, as with a lot of antidepressants side effects disappear after at least 12 weeks.

You doing the right thing by going slowly, try not to worry, I know it's difficult but this maybe the drug that helps you.

Soldato
Got to stay away from them places mate, block them from your router if you have to.

It's a very small number of people who have issues with antidepressants considering the amount that get prescribed every day. Funny there's no antidepressants are great forum, for all the people they help!

People only talk about the bad stuff, no one seems to want to mention the good things.

Burning sensations on antidepressants are totally normal when you first start taking them, as with a lot of antidepressants side effects disappear after at least 12 weeks.

You doing the right thing by going slowly, try not to worry, I know it's difficult but this maybe the drug that helps you.

Thanks mate yeah I know I need to stay away but sometimes my stupid need to know everything mentality takes over and causes all sorts of problems. I try to remind myself I’m not a Dr and to stop coming up with all sorts of reasons for my symptoms.

Side effects are definitely kicking in today feel rough but it’s nothing I haven’t felt before starting A/D drugs. Just need to keep pushing on and take it easy for a bit.

All Good fun on the mental health Rollercoaster we don’t choose to ride….

Caporegime
The thing that worries me about taking the SSRIs is if they muck up some other aspect of your health. They might start to correct the mental side but what if they make something physical go wrong like diabetes or high blood pressure. There's no way on earth I'm going down that rabbit hole where you have to start taking pills for side effects. I'll just stop everything because I was fine physically with no health problems apart from the noggin.

Soldato
The thing that worries me about taking the SSRIs is if they muck up some other aspect of your health. They might start to correct the mental side but what if they make something physical go wrong like diabetes or high blood pressure. There's no way on earth I'm going down that rabbit hole where you have to start taking pills for side effects. I'll just stop everything because I was fine physically with no health problems apart from the noggin.
We as anxious people can do what if's forever but unfortunately we have to learn some uncertainty in life. SSRIs are a short term band aid and you'll also need some therapy.

If the pills do become an issue then away with them, and that's totally fine. I can't wait to my diazepam taper has finally finished (6mg to go) and I can chuck the mirtazipine in the bin.

Soldato
We as anxious people can do what if's forever but unfortunately we have to learn some uncertainty in life. SSRIs are a short term band aid and you'll also need some therapy.

If the pills do become an issue then away with them, and that's totally fine. I can't wait to my diazepam taper has finally finished (6mg to go) and I can chuck the mirtazipine in the bin.

I have never had to taper diazepam but heard it can be quite difficult. I have a box in the cupboard and so far have resisted using them but will have to see how it goes.

Soldato
I have never had to taper diazepam but heard it can be quite difficult. I have a box in the cupboard and so far have resisted using them but will have to see how it goes.
It's been a very difficult time if I'm honest maybe the worst mental state I've ever been in, and it's lasted over 18 months now. The anxiety from withdrawal is double my normal anxiety, and so many other issues like insomnia, and mega depression, the list is endless.
My own fault for staying on them too long. you can get away with one pill now and again but that's it.

Caporegime
I use Diazepam sparingly but its hard at times as I know a simple pill and it'll all go away for a period of time. Unbelievable the effect it has, I can go from full blown continuous panic attacks to completely chilled in the space of half an hour.

Back
Top Bottom