**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
Sounds like you know were you are with it - well done. My best friend died in my arms a few years ago and then my mum died in front of me 9 days later, life can be so cruel sometimes. You will get wobbles - I'm having one now! x
Not sure what to say, either one of those is hard hitting in isolation but so close to together must be devastating.

Associate
Not sure what to say, either one of those is hard hitting in isolation but so close to together must be devastating.
You have to get on with life and not let it beat you - I know that's easier said than done. The doctor said I'd had a nervous breakdown, although it didn't register at the time. I think about them both regularly - and always smile and think about the good times :)

Soldato
Not that I'm making light if you but have you actually tried those suggestions?

Absolutely I have. Mid 2018 - Winter 2019 I was doing great. Lost 10st, exercising like a beast and everything was great. Then the pandemic struck and something went wrong - what I couldn't say and things slowly went downhill.

Since been diagnosed with ADHD (lack of physical social interaction + pandemic may have been an exacerbating factor here) but been struggling with a lot of issues prior to that too unfortunately.

Soldato
Absolutely I have. Mid 2018 - Winter 2019 I was doing great. Lost 10st, exercising like a beast and everything was great. Then the pandemic struck and something went wrong - what I couldn't say and things slowly went downhill.

Since been diagnosed with ADHD (lack of physical social interaction + pandemic may have been an exacerbating factor here) but been struggling with a lot of issues prior to that too unfortunately.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if it was going great 2018-2019 would it be good to try and go back there? Obviously easier said than done with the extra diagnosed mental health issues but just a little more exercise per day slowly building up to where you were in previous years. It might take a year or two to get there but is it possible?

For me a great focus and taking very small bites out of it over a period of time until you achieve it gives great mental positivity that could offset "low" times.

Last edited:
Soldato
Correct me if I'm wrong but if it was going great 2018-2019 would it be good to try and go back there? Obviously easier said than done with the extra diagnosed mental health issues but just a little more exercise per day slowly building up to where you were in previous years. It might take a year or two to get there but is it possible?

For me a great focus and taking very small bites out of it over a period of time until you achieve it gives great mental positivity that could offset "low" times.
I've decided to go all in on Apple Fitness+. I can do it in my room, so I don't need to get anxious being around other people, and you can start with 5 minutes workouts and progress on to 30-minute workouts (or longer). I haven't done any exercise in a long time, so I'm excited to try it.

Soldato
I've decided to go all in on Apple Fitness+. I can do it in my room, so I don't need to get anxious being around other people, and you can start with 5 minutes workouts and progress on to 30-minute workouts (or longer). I haven't done any exercise in a long time, so I'm excited to try it.
Good for you man. My theory is that if you only manage 1 minute thats great as long as that turns into 2 and that Into 10. It's a great little booster

Soldato

I enjoyed doing Les Mills workouts indoors if you ever fancy an alternative.

Soldato

I'm not even sure how to answer this without sounding like a sarcastic POS but no duh! What do you think I've been doing/trying to do?

I've been suffering with more than I typed in that post including crushing levels of fatigue that see's me sleeping 16 hours a day and barely functional from a mental standpoint (counting to 10 was hard!) let alone able to conceive of exercise or do so safely.

Luckily for me I'm having a better few days right now but I'm wary and taking things slowly.

Soldato
Oh, I haven't heard of that. Thank you. I'll have a look.
I think they do a free month. Lots of it is all bodyweight stuff and covers a whole range from beginners through to advanced etc. Myself and my missus followed it for a few months during lockdown and it was good for both of us.

They also do weighted and banded stuff and yoga classes too.

I sound like I must work for them or something haha.

Soldato
I think they do a free month. Lots of it is all bodyweight stuff and covers a whole range from beginners through to advanced etc. Myself and my missus followed it for a few months during lockdown and it was good for both of us.

They also do weighted and banded stuff and yoga classes too.

I sound like I must work for them or something haha.
Noted. Thank you for the info!

Soldato
I'm not even sure how to answer this without sounding like a sarcastic POS but no duh! What do you think I've been doing/trying to do?

I've been suffering with more than I typed in that post including crushing levels of fatigue that see's me sleeping 16 hours a day and barely functional from a mental standpoint (counting to 10 was hard!) let alone able to conceive of exercise or do so safely.

Luckily for me I'm having a better few days right now but I'm wary and taking things slowly.
Yea that's always a risk of trying to make a constructive comment in the name of trying to help in some way.

That's good news for the last few days

Associate

You're not sounding sarcastic. It's always best to talk straight because, if you are like me, you cannot "read between the lines" due to MH.

Caporegime
I had a major wobble last night caused by a flippin' computer game of all things! I was playing Halo Infinite multiplayer and sank into a pit of despair after I kept losing matches. I hadn't actually felt this sad/annoyed/depressed for a long time. And I got so frustrated that I threw the remaining 10 tablets of sertraline down the loo! I've been on them for about 10 weeks now. Wonder if there will be any kind of cold turkey. I don't really plan on asking for anymore on Monday. All they seem to be doing is giving me health anxiety now as I'm wondering what they're doing to my insides.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a major wobble last night caused by a flippin' computer game of all things! I was playing Halo Infinite multiplayer and sank into a pit of despair after I kept losing matches. I hadn't actually felt this sad/annoyed/depressed for a long time. And I got so frustrated that I threw the remaining 10 tablets of sertraline down the loo! I've been on them for about 10 weeks now. Wonder if there will be any kind of cold turkey. I don't really plan on asking for anymore on Monday. All they seem to be doing is giving me health anxiety now as I'm wondering what they're doing to my insides.
Try and get a doctors appointment for a chat.

Soldato
Do people talk about psilocybin in relation to depression etc? Seen it get mentioned a lot lately for treating ptsd and depression and whatnot.

Suppose it's difficult to talk about due to its classification in this country.

Soldato
Do people talk about psilocybin in relation to depression etc? Seen it get mentioned a lot lately for treating ptsd and depression and whatnot.

Suppose it's difficult to talk about due to its classification in this country.
It's currently having some studies done etc but very much in the exploratory stages so yep, still illegal to self-administer :D

Back
Top Bottom