* The Metal Thread *

Associate
Back on a proper doom trip at the moment, this is my friends band from Birmingham, new album is killer.

The new Pallbearer is ace as well!

Associate

Over 18 months later,this album still speaks to me on a deep level,so gooood

Prob unknown to most folk,but it ust has a special quality,the full release version sounds nowhere near as good,in this case nekr0=Better

It's not metal at all (they started as a black metal band though if that counts...) but I absolutely love the new Ulver album, The Assassination of Julius Caesar - probably my favourite thing they've done since Perdition City back in 2000(!). Heavy, without being heavy.

[/MEDIA]

Ulver are 'classic BM' regardless of their current style,never been a big fan,but a massive influence on the genre either way

Associate

Old Burzum is great,Filosofem is the best imo.All the first 4 albums are top tier tho.Any1 checked out his YT channel,its top kek.Covers the old BM scene,tabletop rpg's,his insane politics,paganism,philosophy,music ect. It truly shows how much of a hypocrite he is.

Listening to a lot of Inquisition recently,finally got passed the vocals,used to despise them,dont find them so bad nao.Still cant believe the sound they get with only 2 members,brutal

Dis is killer too!

Last edited:
Soldato
Old Burzum is great,Filosofem is the best imo.All the first 4 albums are top tier tho.Any1 checked out his YT channel,its top kek.Covers the old BM scene,tabletop rpg's,his insane politics,paganism,philosophy,music ect. It truly shows how much of a hypocrite he is.

yes i was subscribed to his YT channel. found some of it interesting and entertaining but i had to unsub when he slated guitar playing and told people to do something better , playing guitar is stupid etc etc he contradicts himself constantly. still his early Burzum material is fantastic at least

what do you think of this?
i tried to get into arpitanian lands but it was overly long.

Soldato
Old Burzum is great,Filosofem is the best imo.All the first 4 albums are top tier tho.Any1 checked out his YT channel,its top kek.Covers the old BM scene,tabletop rpg's,his insane politics,paganism,philosophy,music ect. It truly shows how much of a hypocrite he is.!
Yeah the first few are good. I like Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and the selftitled album the most.

Back
Top Bottom