* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
I'm a big Deftones fan. They're still putting out good stuff consistently after all these years and never standing completely still. You tend to have people who prefer everything up to White Pony and then people who are more keen on the sound that they pursued after it, which I fall into since there isn't really anyone else I can think of who does the whole creative tug-of-war, spaced-out sexy rock vs wall-o-7/8 string guitar thing like they do.

Soldato
I'm a big Deftones fan. They're still putting out good stuff consistently after all these years and never standing completely still. You tend to have people who prefer everything up to White Pony and then people who are more keen on the sound that they pursued after it, which I fall into since there isn't really anyone else I can think of who does the whole creative tug-of-war, spaced-out sexy rock vs wall-o-7/8 string guitar thing like they do.

I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. Can't believe I didn't think much of it when I first heard them. I think I get turned off by what is popular and I hear on the radio/tv etc...

But so far Gore, White Pony, Koi No Yokan and Saturday Night Wrist are great albums.

I'm a fan.

Soldato
I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. Can't believe I didn't think much of it when I first heard them. I think I get turned off by what is popular and I hear on the radio/tv etc...

But so far Gore, White Pony, Koi No Yokan and Saturday Night Wrist are great albums.

I'm a fan.

Most of my favourite songs of theres are off those last two, Diamond Eyes and the self-titled album. I thought Gore was good but the creative tug-of-war between Chino and Stef went a bit too much in the former's favour this time round.

Soldato
None So Vile is one of the greatest Death Metal albums of all time! I miss that kind of violence in modern techy/brutal death metal, it's all a bit sterile, over-produced and lacking atmosphere these days, at least from what I've heard.

Soldato
None So Vile is one of the greatest Death Metal albums of all time! I miss that kind of violence in modern techy/brutal death metal, it's all a bit sterile, over-produced and lacking atmosphere these days, at least from what I've heard.

Yep it's definitely one of my favourites. Their first two albums are amazing. None So Vile usually gets played on my way to work each morning.

Soldato
is there much difference on the remastered version (if you have it)
i have the original CD.

To me remaster usually screams 'goodbye dynamic range, hello loudness' and I usually avoid at all costs. There's probably discussion of it somewhere online as audio enthusiasts usually get pretty animated about their favourite recordings getting murdered to cater for the earphone/bluetooth speaker generation.

Back
Top Bottom