* The Metal Thread *

Associate
Good to read that Kalmah is bringing out a new album soon, haven't followed them as much as I used to and For The Revolution was the last of their albums I really paid attention to. I looked at Spotify a month or so ago to see if they had released anything since Seventh Swamphony and was disappointed to see they hadn't. So I've got another album to look forward to in the new year along with a new one from these guys:

Been making do with spam playing their older material of late and also listening to Karg and Agrypnie which are similar bands.

Soldato
Let me introduce you to one of Stoke on Trent's finest metal bands -

Loads more here - https://www.youtube.com/user/obeyuk/videos

I see you and I raise you Hanley based Exhibit A who were massive back in '04 with a Video on Scuzz, BBC recordings at Maida Vale etc. Sadly they stopped recording quite a while back now but my mate Si was the drummer, camera man & video editor for this extremely low res Youtube copy of the Single "Breathe" (album still available on Amazon :D) -

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I see you and I raise you Hanley based Exhibit A

I must confess I've never heard of them.

This is another good stoke band - Betrayal.
Young Sam on the drums is touring the world at the moment with The Soap Girls and the guitarist John Caci is out with Lesbian Bed Death tonight at The Rigger.
That guitar of his was painted by one of my mates.

They also go out in a tribute band called the Big Four.

Associate
Great gig. I'm terrible at song names but stuff from most albums. Found a review here: http://www.avenoctum.com/2017/10/king-dude-the-ruins-of-beverast-dolch-crom-dubh-london-dome-241017/
Dats a pretty good setlist! Pity they only got an hour set tho,their songs are soo long :p

Getting dragged to see opeth in a few weeks,playing with enslaved so should be sweet to see them,i vaguely remember seeing them like 10 years ago but i cant remember a thing from that nite

Hoping they play this,unlikely tho as their disco is so big as it is

Associate
Dats a pretty good setlist! Pity they only got an hour set tho,their songs are soo long :p

Getting dragged to see opeth in a few weeks,playing with enslaved so should be sweet to see them,i vaguely remember seeing them like 10 years ago but i cant remember a thing from that nite

Hoping they play this,unlikely tho as their disco is so big as it is

Seeing them in Bristol. More a fan of Enslaved than Opeth the last 10 years. Fantastic band. Seen em 4 times I think. Never heard The Beacon live though

Soldato
Seen them live many times 10+ years ago... drifted away from them a bit after Ruun came out but having checked out all the albums they're released since then I've got some catching up to do. May try and get tickets too as opeth and enslaved is quite a proposition!

Back
Top Bottom