* The Metal Thread *

Associate

Been following this band for years now. A lot of people say that Mithras has a touch of Morbid Angel to them which I agree with moreso in the earlier albums, but I've always liked them just because of their unique style and the fast drum work.

Associate
Really digging Polaris at the moment, got some really good riffs but the clean vocals may not be for everyone.

Also really enjoying VoM's latest album False Idol.

Associate
So i learned that Wintersun are supporting Arch Enemy on their tour Jan-feb(at least in da UK).OP support act is OP

Been following this band for years now. A lot of people say that Mithras has a touch of Morbid Angel to them which I agree with moreso in the earlier albums, but I've always liked them just because of their unique style and the fast drum work.

Dis is very old skool Morbid angel musically imo,vox pretty different tho

Although i do recoqnize the name,cant remember the track,they not have a pretty well known song like 7-10 years ago?My brain just remembers some atmospheric DM song for some reason,weird

Last edited:
Associate

So slayer is calling it quits with one final world tour this year.Its time really,they havnt put out a killer album is soooo long,the last few haven't been steaming turds,but they are for the most part forgettable

No dates yet,line up for US leg of the tour has been announced however Lamb of God ,Anthrax,Testament and Behemoth.

Hopefully they the keep the most of dis line up for whatever euro dates they do and drop Lamb of God

Soldato
^ the Metal world will not be the same without Slayer on the circuit but i can understand it's time for them to bow out
i've actually only seen them once and i've been a fan since the late 80s :eek:
would love to catch them on their final tour. i dare say they will still do the odd festival
i havent been bothered with any of their recent albums, you just can't top those first 5 or so
their legacy is intact anyway...

Associate
would love to catch them on their final tour. i dare say they will still do the odd festival

I dont think so,araya is pretty adament about spending time with his family and since his neck surgery he hasnt felt the energy playing live as he cant headbang anymore,but yea after jeff died they should have just done a single tour and called it quits

NIGHTMARE MUSIC

Soldato
I dont think so,araya is pretty adament about spending time with his family and since his neck surgery he hasnt felt the energy playing live as he cant headbang anymore,but yea after jeff died they should have just done a single tour and called it quits

NIGHTMARE MUSIC

Whole ting

On the fence about the clearer production; part of the appeal of the 'murk' in their earlier work like Outre was that it contributed a lot to the atmosphere and unsettling Lovecraftian aesthetic. Still, good album.

Back
Top Bottom