* The Metal Thread *

Associate

Touring next month in the UK ,going just to **** off antifa idiots.,Seen legion back in day,need to see with mortis on vox who is better IMO (that i will remember dis time kekek)

Soldato
New Cancer Bats album came out a few days ago :D

Some pretty good tracks, Gatekeeper is really good but can't find it on youtube so here is Winterpeg :)

Associate
I've just pre-ordered Devin Townsend's new live album " 'Ocean Machine - Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv". Can't wait to see it all again. One of my favorite artists, and I was there in Plovdiv and it was simply an amazing gig. Bring on July!!

Associate
K nao im watching old skool thrash/straight metal videos and lamenting i wasnt born at least decade earlier to experience all the gud shizz in its heyday,thrash/speed/fun metal is so lacking these days.My era in general was wot Slipknot/Lamb of God/assorted metalcore/mastodon/Linkin park(To some folk dats 'metal' )lolololol ect.I found my way through older folk than myself i knew thankfully but the next gen i worry about

Wot the fak are the younger metal heads listening to these days in terms of getting into the genre or even modern bands?Is any of it at all good.I know that stuff like Arch enemy/amon amarth are kinda mainstreamish these days but thats 2 bands that have seen a massive decline in quality the last 5-10 years.Bodom,same thing these days pure garbage and borderline pop but huge somehow.I saw Opeth and enslaved a few months back,it didnt even sell out..2 pioneers of their respective genres and MASSIVELY respected,still 60%ish capacity crowd in a big city...OPETH

Dunno random ramblings lololol

Associate
We'l you just had North of the wall fest in Glasgow which had some of the best metal bands in the world playing...
Couldnt go had stuff on sadly,line up was gud(Ruins/Urfaust/Abbsyll i really wanted to see) but lets be honest...its was super SUPER niche.Even in in this thread i bet most folk wouldn't even know half the bands.I talking about the bands for the person causally interested in the genre ect

Edit: I missed Sojourners debut gig too,i really regret that one sadly

Associate
Personally the stuff that's niche is the stuff that's pioneering. And that's important to me. Enslaved and Opeth churn out the same stuff album after album these days.

Generally i definatley agree,but when well known pioneers of a genre cant expand or even maintain an audience shouldnt we start getting worried?(8 years ago Opeth alone sold out a venue here with 4 times the capacity)

I think more than other types of music metal relies on touring and gigging.And in the modern era with YT/spotify ect live shows are pretty much the only reliable revenue stream any band have.Like yea its fine for me, you and other likemidned folks who truely love the music to explore and listen to a lot..we will always find good stuff worth our time/money,but would we dig if we hadn't been introduced to to the greats of the past in our formative years?

For the most part i dont expect the stuff thats pulls in kids/new people to metal to appeal to me but it most defiantly will be worthwhile in the longrun,their tastes will expand and fuel the next wave.But im not even seeing the new wave of stuff i dislike appeal to the masses,i see some stuff thats already niche appealing to folk like me and you tho....its fine for now.. but in 5-10 years..i worry

I see then current climate..slayer retiring ...priest almost there..maiden super close...metallica(not a fan but they done a lot cant be denyied )...megadeth getting near the end..whos the the draws after that? heck whos a respectable 2nd tier to a general audeicne? Whos taking up the crown afterwards?

Associate
Dunno, Ghost etc? I'm not in touch with modernmodern main stuff at all. I guess a look at kerrang or something will shed some light on what's popular.
As some1 who i consider IMO knowledgeable about the genre overall after seeing your posts over a few years,doesnt this prove the point,their is literally nothing of note as of recent even you can recall thats not 'niche'(I dont joke,u know your stuff)

Ghost are fine and enjoyable,but its just hard rock?see my point?

Is kerrang still going lol,didnt it lose relevance to metal like 15 years ago lololol xD

Back
Top Bottom