1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

* The Metal Thread *

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Margaret, Aug 24, 2008.

1. bloodiedathame

Soldato

My last time at Wacken was 10 years ago!

2. GhostlyPea

Mobster

Need to get a following to Bloodstock! 4th year in a row with my brother and mate but its always better with a larger party

- GP

3. neviditelny

Hitman

I'm heading to France and Hellfest in a few weeks and then to Wacken in August. Will be my first visits to both festivals and I'm really excited about it

4. neviditelny

Hitman

Great singing, but can't stand some of the comments.. Sure she does a really good work on the song, but how would she actually do on a stage/gig when she would have (generally at least) interact with the crowd? I saw Nightwish 2-3 times with Tarja as their singer and even though Tarja is a great singer I found her quite boring on stage. Floor on the other hand might have the same top level of the range but I find her having a wider range of singing and a damn good stage presence.

5. oweneades

Sgarrista

Stumbled across this after watching some random "reacts" videos:

The tonal shift is awesome.

Not sure on some of their other stuff (simply check on YT) but I really like that song.

And can't help myself with a little more Insomnium:

Finally picked up the new Parkway Drive album after getting sidetracked during a Spotify playlist (as you do). Probably my favourite song from it:

6. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

Time for some classic Rotting Christ!

7. MrMD

Wise Guy

Da feelz of rage xD

8. neviditelny

Hitman

I've been having a period with a lot of Unleash The Archers and Devin Townsends - Live in Plovdiv album

9. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

A legend in the black metal scene, some stuff is silly but his songs have such atmosphere that i cant help but listen and wish for snow in the woods :D

10. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

Necrophagist on steroids.....the drummer is ridiculous!

11. Devrij

Capodecina

@Grandmaster Fap!
    Used to love Rotting Christ back in the Khronos days! Fateless was such an epic track.

For anyone born in the 80s, have a gander at my Metal playlist. Kinda tracks naturally from old 90s Heavy Metal stuff (Manson, Pantera, Dope, Metallica, Rob Zombie etc) and sort of ends up in my current preference of newer deathcore/metalcore stuff. I do occasionally add old favourites that I had forgotten about here and there though so it's not an exact timeline. I'm always after suggestions so if you see anything missing (I just noticed the absence of Meshuggah and Cannibal Corpse, for instance) let me know!

12. Rimsy

Mobster

Check out Calamus will Animate from that same album if you've not heard it already. Utter lunacy!! Love it

13. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

Whole album is just quality, one of my favourites in many years :)

14. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

15. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

I know FFDP front runner Ivan Moody was playing with Bad Wolves recently
    but how did I miss this Song from Bad Wolves, that make a great cover version of Zombie by the Cranberries ?

I've just heard this, WOW! amazing version

16. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

I had goosebumps listening to that
    I do like some Nightwish songs, and i think she nailed it, she did a fantastic job

does she do any other cover songs?

17. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

nice

they dont seem to bad
    its nice to see more female vocalists doing what i call hard rock rather than symphonic metal

18. Devrij

Capodecina

If you want some hardcore female vocalists I can recommend cursed earth. I swear she was possessed when I saw them live. I thought she was gonna eat my soul.

19. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

lol

Thanks Dev, will check some songs out

20. neviditelny

Hitman

I just came across this band from New Zealand due to an article by MetalHammer. Pretty cool stuff