* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Thats an advantage of living close to London and being able to request shifts at work so I can request to have days off when it is time to go for concerts :D On Monday I'm going to Bristol to see Powerwolf, and in end of February I'm going to Stockholm to see Ghost :p Got plans to see Avantasia and In Flames in April and already got ticket to see one of Devin Townsends acoustic gigs in London in end of April.

Nice! :D

Associate
I'm going to see Mastodon on Fri.

I've completely missed that Mastodon are playing in the UK.... Would love to see them, and they got Kvelertak as support, that will be one hell of a good night

Don't forget Mutoid Man, who are also a good band, check out the War Moans album. I'm not going to that gig, mind you. Going to see a band called ****ed Up that I found largely by chance. Not metal, but latest album "Dose Your Dreams" is a trip... takes you on a journey through various styles.

I was part of Powerwolf's heavy metal mass in Manchester on Saturday night. Had a great time though that Amaranthe band can do one as far as I am concerned. Even the headbanging looked contrived. Yuk.

Associate
Don't forget Mutoid Man, who are also a good band, check out the War Moans album. I'm not going to that gig, mind you. Going to see a band called ****ed Up that I found largely by chance. Not metal, but latest album "Dose Your Dreams" is a trip... takes you on a journey through various styles.

I was part of Powerwolf's heavy metal mass in Manchester on Saturday night. Had a great time though that Amaranthe band can do one as far as I am concerned. Even the headbanging looked contrived. Yuk.

Kissin' Dynamite were much better than I expected them to be, Amaranthe was a big bleeergh. My brother have labelled them "eurovision metal" and I think thats a fair label :D But ooooh what an atmosphere Powerwolf brings. The crowd really sucked it all up and went with them :D Awesome show but I really wish to go see them playing the arenas in Germany to be able to see their full stage show. I had some great fun, and got to use the elbows a fair amount as well at times :D

I never heard of Mutoid Man so that will be something I gotta check out when I get some time. Next show is in a couple of weeks when its time to see Amorphis, then in end of February I'm going to see Ghost again, that is going to be a good time too.

Soldato
Absolutely loving the new Architects album, Holy Hell. First album since Tom died, and it is a full strength comeback centred on that experience.

Soldato
Mastodon was pretty good tonight!

It's surprising how well beer and metal actually work.

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hawaiian (like the lyrics on this too):

Alien Weaponry are from New Zealand and sing in maori :p Pretty damn good promising band though, think none of the guys in the band have turned 20 yet.

If you want to check out Arabic metal you should check out Orphaned Land as well, their album "Unsung Prophets and Dead Messiahs" from last year is really good.

Associate
This morning I got a ticket to the Devin Townsend concert at the Roundhouse in London in December. Now I'm waiting for the Nottingham tickets to be released and for the new album as well :)

Soldato
Same same eh? :D

Speaking about Asian metal, have you seen Bloodywood earlier in the thread? An indian band that mixes metal with indian folk music, really cool stuff, and Hindi (I think it is) sounds pretty ******* awesome when growling/screaming.

Liked the second two of the three the first sounds a little too much USA.

Was in Pune last week :)

Associate
Tomorrow I'm also looking forward Astronoid's second album release. I really loved their debut in 2016 and am really excited for the next one. Hopefully they will be able to come to Europe for a tour as well

Back
Top Bottom