* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Really liking this at the moment:

great great album
the last to be all killer no filler probably. although i have liked a lot of what they've done after. the only album i have not got into is the optimist. haven't given it the time.
it's odd them still having the band name anathema when they are nothing to do with the definition of that word anymore i.e. having an album called the optimist :p
wonder if they ever though of renaming the band

Soldato
great great album
the last to be all killer no filler probably. although i have liked a lot of what they've done after. the only album i have not got into is the optimist. haven't given it the time.
it's odd them still having the band name anathema when they are nothing to do with the definition of that word anymore i.e. having an album called the optimist :p

Havent really got through all their catalogue yet. Recommend me another one of their albums. :)

Soldato
eek! i'm not sure. try alternative 4. it's not overly long, no bad tracks really.

Serenades (1993) – doom death classic, guitar harmony heaven
The Silent Enigma (1995) – another doom death classic with slightly mellower vocals from vincent
Eternity (1996) – moved away from the death growls, still excellent
Alternative 4 (1998) – I think this needs to be your next listen
Judgement (1999)
A Fine Day to Exit (2001) – odd album
A Natural Disaster (2003) – took me a while to get into this one
We're Here Because We're Here (2010) – excellent comeback
Weather Systems (2012) – good album
Distant Satellites (2014) – moving to more electronic feels
The Optimist (2017) – even more electronic feels!

Soldato
eek! i'm not sure. try alternative 4. it's not overly long, no bad tracks really.

The Silent Enigma (1995) – another doom death classic with slightly mellower vocals from vincent
Judgement (1999)

Cheers!

I'm liking Alternative 4.

Last edited:
Associate

Judgement (1999)

Of those albums my personal favorites are "We're Here Because We're Here" and "Weather Systems", even though it was "Distant Satellites" that opened my eyes to Anathema due to a friend linking the song "The Lost Song Pt 2" on facebook.

Soldato
great great album

'One Last Goodbye' is such a good song.

Soldato
Well after what feels like waiting for years Cradle have finally released a track from their remaster of Cruelty and the Beast and have to say it sounds great.
This was one of the album's of my youth and to hear it again like this (with the drums sounding like drums rather than tupperware boxes) is worth the wait. Roll on the rest of the album :)

Soldato
Of those albums my personal favorites are "We're Here Because We're Here" and "Weather Systems", even though it was "Distant Satellites" that opened my eyes to Anathema due to a friend linking the song "The Lost Song Pt 2" on facebook.

yeah, good albums. i love summernight horizon, lightning song and anathema from each

'One Last Goodbye' is such a good song.

real tear jerker, for their mum that passed at the time

Soldato
Just caught Alice Cooper at Manchester yesterday, holy ****, what a show. Fantastic performance, and fanboy's dream set, some really unexpected songs pulled from the vaults. Not many people out there can hold a candle to Alice for showmanship.

Soldato
Just caught Alice Cooper at Manchester yesterday, holy ****, what a show. Fantastic performance, and fanboy's dream set, some really unexpected songs pulled from the vaults. Not many people out there can hold a candle to Alice for showmanship.

excellent, would love to see him , been a long time fan. still got the voice? probably not running around as much as he used to?

Soldato
excellent, would love to see him , been a long time fan. still got the voice? probably not running around as much as he used to?
still sounded good to me, given the usual concert sound caveats (vocals on Paranormal are still great) - and he's still bouncing around the stage like a mad bugger, 20 years older than me too!

Back
Top Bottom