The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot !!...

Soldato
Someone attacked me 5 times before winning, and got much more than he lost, doesn't make sense how it works really.

Also can you add SneakyBear to the player list please?

Agree they need to put a timer on the number of times you can attack a castle, would prevent derp farming etc too.

Perhaps 3-4 hours, not as if there's a lack of other castles to hit :D

Soldato
Please don't stop derp farming, I'd probably quit or only play for 2 minutes a day if that went, not unless hero power got a big buff so you actually stand a chance at same level castles lol.

Soldato
From what I've seen since yesterdays patch, derp farming is still viable.

What is being changed (apparently) is the way crowns are awarded, to prevent 'crown farming' via targetted attacks.

Associate

What is being changed (apparently) is the way crowns are awarded, to prevent 'crown farming' via targetted attacks.

But are crowns going to have a value/use?
I think a max of 3attacks a day on 1 target is enough(Unless you win and then you cant for another 12hours/24hours etc). Sooner they get rid of derp farming the better!

Just gone up against some vampires and got totally owned as my archer haha!

Soldato

Crowns are just E-peen at the moment though aren't they, so I couldn't care less about that personally. I don't even know how you get them, I have 400+ and no clue as to where they come from, last I checked I was at 100 or so. :p

Agree they need to put a timer on the number of times you can attack a castle, would prevent derp farming etc too.

Perhaps 3-4 hours, not as if there's a lack of other castles to hit :D

Just watched you destroy mine :p where did you get your gear? No wonder you demolished it, your gear looks nearly optimal for your level and you massively out level it, you complete bully haha! :D

Soldato
But are crowns going to have a value/use?
I think a max of 3attacks a day on 1 target is enough(Unless you win and then you cant for another 12hours/24hours etc). Sooner they get rid of derp farming the better!

Just gone up against some vampires and got totally owned as my archer haha!

If this was in late stages of open beta, or even release, then I would agree with you that derp farming should be stamped out. However at this state in the development of the game, I don't see any reason why you should want to restrict people's ability to play the game the way that they want. Not to mention that without the facility for grinding experience, gold and life force, it becomes considerably harder to test the various aspects of gameplay in any meaningful manner.

I would also say, that limiting how often you can attack a target, is akin to content gating, and that I can never agree with.

Associate
If this was in late stages of open beta, or even release, then I would agree with you that derp farming should be stamped out. However at this state in the development of the game, I don't see any reason why you should want to restrict people's ability to play the game the way that they want. Not to mention that without the facility for grinding experience, gold and life force, it becomes considerably harder to test the various aspects of gameplay in any meaningful manner.

I would also say, that limiting how often you can attack a target, is akin to content gating, and that I can never agree with.

The only problem I see if that derp farming isn't testing anything out for the developers. You may as well give everyone unlimited Items/Gold/Life force as thats all derp farms give (with time farming).

Did anyone watch the development webcast yesterday?

Soldato
Yes, I saw the dev webcast, where they went on a lot about how they were making changes in yesterdays patch that didn't work properly, and a lot of "ooh we should really do that".. It came across as rather amateurish to be honest.

I agree that grinding derp farms doesn't test a lot for the developers, however it does allow for other things to be tested by making the current caps largely ignorable.. for one thing, it helped to show how certain upgrades to the gold/life mines, would have taken over a year, just to recoup their initial costs.. It also allows for a lot more experimentation, as people generally have more resources than they need, which means more freedom to experiment with layouts and creature interactions.

Soldato
OP
I can't seem to beat castle's that are 2-4 levels lower than my characters today let alone same level. Life potions are a must and seem to be all I'm spending my gold on atm. I agree Derp farming should have some restrictions but it sure helps pay for my pots !!

Soldato
Yeah, character/castle level is way out of balance. The heroes themselves need big buffs, i.e archer not even having a mana mechanic, warrior being way more durable, can't speak for the mage but from what I hear he's the worst, or was at least.

Associate
Yeah, character/castle level is way out of balance. The heroes themselves need big buffs, i.e archer not even having a mana mechanic, warrior being way more durable, can't speak for the mage but from what I hear he's the worst, or was at least.

Didn't the archer just receive some mana related buffs? Haven't had a chance to try mine out yet but the patch notes looked promising.

Soldato
None of his attacks are powerful enough to justify the mana costs, cooldowns? Yea. But the mana costs are steep but haven't tried him either after the patch. He should be able to do what he wants regardless of mana because he's a damn archer. I can understand the warrior having mana due to his magical abilities and ability to regen all of his mana in an attack or two and the wizard goes without saying but it just seems like a really arbitrary way of handicapping the archer tbh, even with the fastest firing crossbow the mana regen is laughable and the cooldowns are harsh. As it stands the warrior can auto attack + cleave and actually regen around 35% of his mana in two strikes, rather than spend it and the AoE + damage potential are massive, especially with enchanted sword power. Archer doesn't have anything as powerful and the ones that are close are locked out by a stupid mana wall a lot of the time.

:mad: :p

EDIT: Yep, patch fixed him, rant was uneeded haha. His auto-attack buff has made it so he can regain the mana cost of the piercing shot so he can spam those + use other abilities at will. Finally.

Last edited:
Associate
EDIT: Yep, patch fixed him, rant was uneeded haha. His auto-attack buff has made it so he can regain the mana cost of the piercing shot so he can spam those + use other abilities at will. Finally.

Ah man, can't wait to get home to try mine out now ... sounds awesome!! :D

Soldato
It is :D you can spam whichever right click you choose with inpunity, could even cycle between piercing > auto attack > freeze > piercing > AA and so on :p a lot of fun now, more fun than the warrior.

Soldato
About time, was getting bored of playing Knight! :)

Just did a level 30 castle on my level 18 knight though, no boss mobs in it thankfully and all the mobs were level 22? wth?! Castle level just seems to be daft.

Need to see if I can remember the name of the guy, was another randomly selected castle in my zone at the time :)

Soldato
Oh and going to make a point of having a go at any OCUK folk who aren't shielded, hell might as well keep the money in our group and if you want it back, come get it :D

Back
Top Bottom