The nervous wait to exchange....

• Thread starter Thread starter noj
  • Start date Start date
Ours has cavity insualtion, we had for it to be done on one of the gov grants, they came out said already done jog on.
I have no paperwork or guarantees to say it was ever done lol, house built in the 50s so muctve been done at some point.

We had some proper laughable stuff on a L2 Survey tho...

Survey advises a full video tour of the drains... as the surveyor couldn't locate the manhole covers (they're damn obvious)
Survey advises a insect/bug investigation.... as the property has roof timbers - Dont most houses have roof timbers lol
Thank you - it's not a question of is it there as EPC states "Walls - Cavity wall, filled cavity" and therefore requested a CIGA certificate which the seller has no info on.
Solicitors have therefore reached out directly to CIGA today and assumption (my end) will not be found.

Yeah thats what I mean, ours are 100% cavity filled, not got a single piece of paperwork for it tho.

I've had a quick peek on the CIGA site, was expecting to be able to whack me address in and have a yes or no, nowt :(
You can send them an email requesting if a cert is available. That's free.

Ours has cavity insualtion, we had for it to be done on one of the gov grants, they came out said already done jog on.
I have no paperwork or guarantees to say it was ever done lol, house built in the 50s so muctve been done at some point.

We had some proper laughable stuff on a L2 Survey tho...

Survey advises a full video tour of the drains... as the surveyor couldn't locate the manhole covers (they're damn obvious)
Survey advises a insect/bug investigation.... as the property has roof timbers - Dont most houses have roof timbers lol
My l3 survey told me I should also stick a camera inside the drains and he also couldn't find the manhole.

thanks,

i got the short end of the stick when splitting with the ex so was left with a tiny fraction of the equity in our joint property. Renting for the past 2 years @ 700pcm and trying to save as much as i possibly can.
have been waiting for the right property to come up and the 2 developments i was looking at aren't releasing any 2 bed places until early 2024 and early 2025. i didnt even know about this development as i didnt ever imagine being able to afford it. i guess luck was just on my side this time.
been there, so I can empathize! :)

been there, so I can empathize! :)

It’s a pain, I’m not too bothered as she’s sorted and has a nice place with the kids but at the same time a bit more would have been nice.
But nonetheless this is a nice step back onto the ladder and I’m not ever buying with anyone again so this is the way it has to be.

But it’s ideal, the rooms are actually really good sized so space isn’t an issue. And it will be mine.

Have a viewing for a house tomorrow.
Its well below the price range I had and its been basically gutted and referbished top to bottom all rooms, carpets, kitchen, bathroom has all been redone along with solar panels fully owned. My only issue is that it's...very small. I've already been looking at smaller houses due to wanting a semi new build (insulation has been done with a B rating so not an issue not being new build) but it looks like a tinyyy 2 bed from the pictures compared to things I have looked at before.

I'm not even sure how things would fit in the living room as the chimney (blocked and plasterboarded up) takes up a good chunk of the room and the kitchen is very narrow. I don't even see how my TV could even fit in the living room. Hopefully it's just the photos making it seem reaaaaly small. I can almost afford to buy it outright with a 8 year mortgage at £280 which would be nice instead of the planned 20 year £350

Dimensions are

LOUNGE
12' 6" x 11' 0" (3.821m x 3.376m)
KITCHEN
15' 10" x 3' 10" (4.830m x 1.176m)
BEDROOM ONE
312' 11" x 9' 10" (3.958m x 3.004m)
BEDROOM TWO
8' 11" x 7' 9" (2.731m x 2.370m)
BATHROOM
7' 10" x 5' 7" (2.412m x 1.721m)

Seller has said they are not interested in a bidding war and its mine for asking price if I like it tomorrow. It would only be for me and 2 cats so I guess it would be big enough...

All rooms are good sizes IMO, except the kitchen - 1.1m :eek:

However yeah, that seems fine. The bedroom we almost moved to last year with family, was 3x3.5m and I used that as a benchmark when buying. We had planned out the furniture and it JUST fit, so I knew anything over 3x3.5m would do us.

Bathroom and bedroom 2 look same as our bathroom and smallest bedroom.

I think it sounds a good size! The kitchen might make or break it - 60cm counters leaves you under 60cm for walking down.

i think it sounds a good size! The kitchen might make or break it - 60cm counters leaves you under 60cm for walking down.

This is the kitchen.

They are leaving fridge and washer along with various other things in the house (to the be discussed tomorrow)

Also has a nice garden with a big deck and Imprinted concrete driveway.

This is the kitchen.

They are leaving fridge and washer along with various other things in the house (to the be discussed tomorrow)

If it's smaller and below budget, could you eventually extend?

This is the kitchen.

That looks wider than 1.176m - I wouldn't let that kitchen put me off :)

If it's smaller and below budget, could you eventually extend?
Maybe out the back, although the decking would have to be torn up. However the price of the property is around £30k+ less than I was looking at at. Keep in mind this up in the north east where houses are cheap compared to down south. £30k is almost 1/4 of the house.

I'm probably overthinking things (usual for me) will see what its like tomorrow.

Looks alright to me. If the washer bothers you then get a slim/half depth one.
Don't think the washer would bother me.
Main issue is that the house is only about 5meters deep from front of lounge to back of kitchen wall to wall. A tape measure from current house (parents) shows the entire house is about 20cm larger than there entire living room lol. I have a suspicion the measurements they have are way wrong but will find out tomorrow.

Don't think the washer would bother me.
Main issue is that the house is only about 5meters deep from front of lounge to back of kitchen wall to wall. A tape measure from current house (parents) shows the entire house is about 20cm larger than there entire living room lol. I have a suspicion the measurements they have are way wrong but will find out tomorrow.
A lot of new builds have smaller external dimensions but their internal dimensions/spaces are more usable... My brother's house was no bigger than my 1880 cottage sqft wise but it felt much larger.

kitchen wouldn't put me off that looks areet

Weve been looking recently and the overall sqft number can be misleading.
could have all the apace in the world and a cack layout making it feel much smaller.

what sort of areas are you looking?

Back
Top Bottom