The nervous wait to exchange....

• Thread starter Thread starter noj
  • Start date Start date
Selling my BTL flat. Just got the memo of sale through. Need to get this sold ASAP otherwise going to pay ridiculous interest / service charges / council tax / standing charges etc.

Emailed my solicitor this morning for an update and they say they have provided all docs to the buyers solicitor and are just waiting for them to confirm on a completion date which they are chasing up again this morning.

Fingers crossed something happens this week!

It hurts. Then you move in and it drops even more. The things you don’t even think about end up adding up quickly. It’ll take me years to recover

I'm at this point now too, I feel like a baby that has lost its comfort blanket, especially in these times it's really hard to save like I used to.

Any idea why the quotes I am getting from removals vary so much? Anything from £400 to £3000!! They have all done a survey, same insurance, two men job etc.

Even before the move it’s dropping more! Went to b&q for a door strip to repair the rental for £8 and I somehow spent £50 on the “oh yeah, need that for x”
I think we must've spent £1k in the first two weeks buying random items we didn't account for.. everything from soap dispensers to curtains lol.

then came the furniture, new house, must make it looks good etc.. thousands on those.. quickly added up to an insane amount.

I think we must've spent £1k in the first two weeks buying random items we didn't account for.. everything from soap dispensers to curtains lol.

then came the furniture, new house, must make it looks good etc.. thousands on those.. quickly added up to an insane amount.
Yeah we've a list of fixtures and furniture to get/replace post move and I'm sure there'll be more like you say (I'm not mentioning soap dispensers to my wife, I don't need that on my shopping list!).

Thankfully the current owner is leaving all the curtains and blinds so they'll be good for now and we can focus on our things that are falling apart/don't work in the new place.

I was like "buy the house first worry about fully filling it later" on my first place.

Good idea for the most part, do need some basics down like bed, sofa and stuff for kitchen.
Diddnt you budget for this?
Me and my missus have budget everything we can think of from our side with some wiggle.

And we will do things in stages.

The property we are trying to get needs modernisation and we have easily probably around 100k needed in total to completely revamp it but we will do so in phases(i will create build logs of all of this!!)

Diddnt you budget for this?
Me and my missus have budget everything we can think of from our side with some wiggle.

And we will do things in stages.

The property we are trying to get needs modernisation and we have easily probably around 100k needed in total to completely revamp it but we will do so in phases(i will create build logs of all of this!!)

Stuff is expensive, and you don't always know what will go where, or what you're missing/need until you move in, especially if it's home #1.

Once you pay all of the fees, the solicitor payments, stamp duty (as FTB I had to pay £1.5K) etc, the best move was shift in, and then save up/go shopping over the next few months.

accepted from the housing association (part buy part rent)
mortgage in principle was fine and dandy, borrowing 70k under what lenders would lend.
solicitor instructed (thankfully my cousin is a conveyancing solicitor)
mortgage paperwork all sent off to get the actual mortgage bit now.

i hate waiting for things.

We were told the original new build we were after was back up for reservation by the sales agent who has been great throughout and very lenient even prompted us that this might be happening.

We whacked some more viewings in on friday, accepted an offer on monday.

called up to reserve the property... was reserved on Sunday by someone else arghs

i think ive been defeated now lol

Back
Top Bottom