The nervous wait to exchange....

• Thread starter Thread starter noj
  • Start date Start date
We were about an hour or so, but was mostly chatting with our seller. We could have probably stayed longer if we wanted but got what we needed.

I guess yours was with the agent if given a more “strict” time window?
Yes it was with the agent.

I wanna get my elecrician friend to come along and look at the rewiring that would need to be done but that aint gunna just take 30mins....

Yes it was with the agent.

I wanna get my elecrician friend to come along and look at the rewiring that would need to be done but that aint gunna just take 30mins....
As a tradesman he should be able to just go direct - you don’t need to be there. Run it past your agent and they can organise - it’s very normal to send trades over

Did you take longer than 30mins to do the measurements?

This is what we did last weekend but we only had 30mins:(
I had a second viewing during the purchase process and had 2 hour journey - 30min viewing - 2 hour journey home.

We planned to take my girlfriend's parents so 4 of us but on the day, they both had covid and my girlfriend had a cold. I went up there, ran like a mad thing around for 29 minutes and then took a 1 minute walk through video of the entire house and garage for bits I'd missed. You can hear me panting on the video :D 3 floors!

tl;dr I used a highlighter to mark every single measurement I needed on the plans and blitzed the **** out of it.

Course I missed a few measurements here and there but it made a big difference. Don't go in expecting to use your head, just have a list of info to grab and run.

I have an issue with a flat I'm looking at.

It's part of a block of flats that all have their own front door so there is a shared yard and a shared garden, there are no halls or anything like that.

Leasehold is 300 years and some change, but there is no management company. Apparently this means that lenders are limited. In fact, it could mean that it is unmortgageable.

The estate agent is completely uninterested it seems in finding out anything and just says go to a broker/bank and find out if they'll lend against it. So yeah, that's where we are at the moment.

Has anyone had similar issues and managed to get a solution.

There is no chain with seller or us.

I have an issue with a flat I'm looking at.

It's part of a block of flats that all have their own front door so there is a shared yard and a shared garden, there are no halls or anything like that.

Leasehold is 300 years and some change, but there is no management company. Apparently this means that lenders are limited. In fact, it could mean that it is unmortgageable.

The estate agent is completely uninterested it seems in finding out anything and just says go to a broker/bank and find out if they'll lend against it. So yeah, that's where we are at the moment.

Has anyone had similar issues and managed to get a solution.

There is no chain with seller or us.
Knock on the door and ask the other residents? I know its odd but my pal mortgaged a flat in a similar situation and there was an account in the name of the flat and some "commonly accepted guidelines" they adopted.

Knock on the door and ask the other residents? I know its odd but my pal mortgaged a flat in a similar situation and there was an account in the name of the flat and some "commonly accepted guidelines" they adopted.
Goodness that's a great idea, it's about an hour away otherwise I'd do it straight away.

We have finally exchanged.

Started the process early March, found buyers, had our offer accepted, buyers pulled out, found new buyers, turned out house we were buying was in a flood area and had to pull out, found a new house and finally got to exchange after trying since last Friday. Had removals packing our house today as we were waiting for the call for exchange as moving tomorrow.

Feel like never going through the process again, they can carry me out in a box!!

We have finally exchanged.

Started the process early March, found buyers, had our offer accepted, buyers pulled out, found new buyers, turned out house we were buying was in a flood area and had to pull out, found a new house and finally got to exchange after trying since last Friday. Had removals packing our house today as we were waiting for the call for exchange as moving tomorrow.

Feel like never going through the process again, they can carry me out in a box!!
Congratulations

Back
Top Bottom