The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Soldato
The one who couldn’t cut it in the PL?? yep he’s doing well over in the MLS at the moment. Not exactly a world class league but it’s good to see him doing well over there.

I guess it's tough to live up to the successes of your father and brother. But the goal scoring instincts came through in the end. $1.5 mill a year plus another $1.6 mill on completion of his contract. That's pretty decent. And I bet he gets a fraction of the grief he would get living in London.

Soldato
Peter Hill-Wood has died. His family first served as chairman of the club in 1929 to 1936 and then again from 1946 to 2013. Peter was chairman from 1982.

When Kroenke first tried to buy the club Peter said "Call me old-fashioned but we don't need Kroenke's money and we don't want his sort."

RIP

Soldato
The whole Ozil situation is very odd. He cannot be injured and ill as much as he has been recently. He's by far our most creative midfielder and looked decent when playing with Auba and Laca so I can't see why he's not getting a look in.

Soldato
The whole Ozil situation is very odd. He cannot be injured and ill as much as he has been recently. He's by far our most creative midfielder and looked decent when playing with Auba and Laca so I can't see why he's not getting a look in.
Its because he is lazy off the ball. we conceeded against brighton because of ozil not tracking back on a counter attack

Caporegime
No point having a head of recruitment when you're not planning to sign anyone. He's probably been promised something by the board and hasn't been given it.

Soldato
No point having a head of recruitment when you're not planning to sign anyone. He's probably been promised something by the board and hasn't been given it.

True, but seen as Arsenal don't like to spend much, surely he was the perfect guy to have at the club for unearthing unknowns, Torreira, Guendouzi, both cheap and so far great signings for Arsenal.

And besides its a January Transfer window, a lot of clubs don't sign anyone in this window and have a head of recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom