The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Don
OP
I mentioned this last year - it always makes me laugh when a club appoints a scout on the back of them discovering star players, only for them to just sign the same players again. Arsenal effectively spent £100m (including the value of the Mikhi/Sanchez swap) signing players he scouted for Dortmund - they could have done that without appointing him.

I'm pretty sure he brought his database of players with him from Dortmund but which hidden gem did Arsenal sign in the 2/3 transfer windows he was at the club? Guendouzi was a player Emery knew from PSG and Torreira would have hardly been unknown to any PL club or particularly cheap. Maybe he's just not been listened to but I'm not sure why any Arsenal supporter would care that he's leaving, he's contributed nothing in the time he's been at the club.

Soldato
I mentioned this last year - it always makes me laugh when a club appoints a scout on the back of them discovering star players, only for them to just sign the same players again. Arsenal effectively spent £100m (including the value of the Mikhi/Sanchez swap) signing players he scouted for Dortmund - they could have done that without appointing him.

I'm pretty sure he brought his database of players with him from Dortmund but which hidden gem did Arsenal sign in the 2/3 transfer windows he was at the club? Guendouzi was a player Emery knew from PSG and Torreira would have hardly been unknown to any PL club or particularly cheap. Maybe he's just not been listened to but I'm not sure why any Arsenal supporter would care that he's leaving, he's contributed nothing in the time he's been at the club.
Wasnt Guendouzi signed before emery came or at least a couple of weeks after he joined ? If so, i doubt arsenal board acted that quickly in signing Guendouzi.

They would have tracked him way ahead of getting emery.

Torreira was a gem and why diddnt the likes of liverpool, spurs etc go for him then?

Don
OP
Don’t ever expect Liverpool fans to give credit to other teams and their players. it’s not in their DNA.
The irony of that coming from somebody that claimed Wilshere was one of Arsenal's best players, right up until the day he left when according to you he was useless. Maybe it's not in your DNA to give credit to West Ham for signing him.

And I gave credit. I've said Torriera doesn't look a bad player but you're off your rocker if you think Arsenal discovered him and nobody else knew of him. Every major club in Europe have a scouting network that can tell you all about 9 year olds in Peru, let alone full internationals playing in one of the major European leagues. For various reasons Arsenal seemingly had a free run at him and in Liverpool's case I strongly suspect it was because it didn't make sense for them to spend £30m on a player that would be 4 choice in our holding midfield role. While Torreira looks fairly decent for Arsenal, he's far from the world beater some of your fans have made him out to be - he was absolutely garbage at Anfield last month.

Caporegime
He's a useful player to have against teams that don't like being pressed/ran at, if a team can play around that he's totally ineffective. Tottenham hate being pressed hard and ran at, that's why he had such a good game. But as Baz says, he's not that great, just highlights the lack of talent in that position in Arsenal.

Caporegime
Love Santi. He’s still good enough for us. Made a mistake letting him go without seeing what he was capable of first.
I think we all knew what he was capable of when fully fit. Still remember that game against City a couple of yrs back where he ran them rampant.

Just a shame he was out injured for quite some time then just as he was getting back to full fitness, he got a nasty infection in his Achilles heel iirc.

Pleased that he got a recall back to the Spanish squad, immense player on his day.

Back
Top Bottom