The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Haha true but he doesn't deserve 200k after 8 games. Don't be silly lol
Forget the 8 games, he’s been our player since 2019. Yes he was loaned out but in that time he competed in ligue 1 and the champions league, won the young player of the year, in the ligue 1 team of the year and established a place in the French national squad.

Seriously Johnny, you can’t palm players like that off with silly money when clubs like City and PSG will eventually be hovering with offers of guaranteed titles and £250-300k a week.

Have some sense

Last edited:
Forget the 8 games, he’s been our player since 2019. Yes he was loaned out but in that time he competed in ligue 1 and the champions league, won the young player of the year, in the ligue 1 team of the year and established a place in the French national squad.

Seriously Johnny, you can’t palm players like that off with silly money when clubs like City and PSG will eventually be hovering with offers of guaranteed titles and £250-300k a week.

Have some sense
I mean yea you are correct but have u not learned anything from the Ozil and Aubameyang deals lol

What on earth does Saliba's situation have to do with either of those 2?

The guy is clearly a top defender, he looks our best one already and is only going to get better. He's on a small contract at the moment so it absolutely makes sense to tie him down long term which you'll only be able to do with a significant improvement on his existing one. He's only on 40k at the moment isn't he?

EDIT
Just read the above properly this time, 100k would seem like a good start and if he keeps improving i'm sure we'll offer him an increase part-way through his contract anyway. Can't give him the same as Saka just yet.

Last edited:
What on earth does Saliba's situation have to do with either of those 2?

The guy is clearly a top defender, he looks our best one already and is only going to get better. He's on a small contract at the moment so it absolutely makes sense to tie him down long term which you'll only be able to do with a significant improvement on his existing one. He's only on 40k at the moment isn't he?

EDIT
Just read the above properly this time, 100k would seem like a good start and if he keeps improving i'm sure we'll offer him an increase part-way through his contract anyway. Can't give him the same as Saka just yet.
Well thats my point, i never said no fully to not signing him up but at 200-250k?? HAHA as i said, have u lot not learned ANYTHING from ozil and aubameyang…..

Contract news bubbling along now. According to reports, they are dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s on Saka and Martinelli‘s, and are progressing nicely with Saliba’s.

Saka’s getting £200k a week with a CL release clause. I imagine Martinelli will be getting quite a bit less.

Rumours of Saliba getting £100k a week, but I find that highly optimistic. He should be demanding at least £150-200k pw
He said 150-200k to be exact…

@CliffyG

Last edited:
Becoming a victim of our own short lived success atm. Now Martinelli’s demanding £200k a week as well. That’s Saliba, Saka and Martinelli all wanting £200k a week.

Id love to know much headroom we have for wages with our current finances.

He’s worth £150k a week every day and twice on Sundays.

Bloody Maguire’s on nigh on £200k a week. Find me a Utd fan who’d rather be giving that to Maguire than Saliba.

I know the point you are trying to make but ultimately thats why you don't give out massive wages willy nilly. Maguire is going to be almost impossible for United to shift because of his salary.

Players want £200k/week after they have shown up for a few months and far too often they get it. Yes players could go to City but it depends what they want from their careers. Hows it working out for Kalvin Phillips. Hes barely getting a look in and probably won't at any point. They will buy another player to fill the first team spot when it actually comes to it.

Rashford is another prime example of a player paid a salary based on his potential rather than his actual talent.

Giving Saliba a decent payrise is fine but I wouldn't be looking at putting him on anything more than 150k at this point. Even thats a stretch.

I know the point you are trying to make but ultimately thats why you don't give out massive wages willy nilly. Maguire is going to be almost impossible for United to shift because of his salary.

Players want £200k/week after they have shown up for a few months and far too often they get it. Yes players could go to City but it depends what they want from their careers. Hows it working out for Kalvin Phillips. Hes barely getting a look in and probably won't at any point. They will buy another player to fill the first team spot when it actually comes to it.

Rashford is another prime example of a player paid a salary based on his potential rather than his actual talent.

Giving Saliba a decent payrise is fine but I wouldn't be looking at putting him on anything more than 150k at this point. Even thats a stretch.
FINALLY someone here who agrees with me about saliba.

Even at 150k that is SILLY money. i give him 80k max now 4 year deal with a clause saying if you get x amount of clean sheets , victories u get 150k auto renewal and if u get s the CL and or PL, 200k

Even at 150k that is SILLY money. i give him 80k max now 4 year deal with a clause saying if you get x amount of clean sheets , victories u get 150k auto renewal and if u get s the CL and or PL, 200k

I think that player contracts should be heavily performance incentivised personally. Far too many players get the big money and then just coast.

We've become a little immune to all these silly wages but certainly for a club like Arsenal they should be trying to keep their wage bill down. If this rebuild goes south they will have a lot of players on a lot of money and that will kill it.

So if we offer £80k a week and he says no way, what do we do? Is he really going to accept being on the same wage as Soares?

Back
Top Bottom