The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Caporegime
Sorry, but I thought it was horrific. Made my eyes go funny looking at it.

I much prefer the simpler everyday stuff like this that I bought a few weeks back. Nice and understated

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sorry, but I thought it was horrific. Made my eyes go funny looking at it.

I much prefer the simpler everyday stuff like this that I bought a few weeks back. Nice and understated

This I do like but sadly out of stock so will wait till they come back in.

I waited till the black gold away shirt came out and ordered the replica one. But I ended up returning it for the official one which I feel was better quality than the replica.

Underboss
Either that or we need to recall Balogun (doubtful), or sign someone (more possible now)

I think the season rests on the decision Edu and the club make. Keeping top 4 without Jesus will be hard, esp post WC when fatigue kicks in.

Associate
Difficult to justify buying an outright striker for a relatively short period of time though. Unless Arteta doesn't see a role for Nketiah long-term.

We are clearly targeting cover for wings/Martinelli as it is, and he is so dynamic in his position I wouldn't move him. Personally, I think a loan move for a certain Dutchman with a point to prove, who is comfortable in both positions and whose club want rid, could make a good deal of sense here.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Difficult to justify buying an outright striker for a relatively short period of time though. Unless Arteta doesn't see a role for Nketiah long-term.

We are clearly targeting cover for wings/Martinelli as it is, and he is so dynamic in his position I wouldn't move him. Personally, I think a loan move for a certain Dutchman with a point to prove, who is comfortable in both positions and whose club want rid, could make a good deal of sense here.
I genuinely don’t know who you mean, Depay maybe?

Associate
I genuinely don’t know who you mean, Depay maybe?

Yes:
  • 1 in 2 goalscorer for clubs and country for a number of years
  • Plays as a deep-lying forward for the Netherlands
  • Technically efficient, offers some of Jesus' skillset
  • Covers the wide forward roles that we are already looking at
  • No obvious future at Barca, out of contract Summer 2023
  • No cultural acclimatisation
  • Financial outlay comparatively low
It would give us competent cover whilst being a shop-window for Depay, gets him off Barca's books.

I don't think he's necessarily a player we would look at long-term re: suitability, and there are a couple of other caveats such as his injury record and current fitness, but he would give us flexibility without going to market. With the amount of games and competitions, and our current position, we definitely can't move forward with only Nketiah (or Nketiah and an untried Balogun).

Back
Top Bottom