The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

Man of Honour
I think Vieira has looked sharp this season, really good pass for Jesus. If he hadn't have played the ball first time, with perfect weighting he might not have gotten clear.
He also has 100% pass accuracy and 100% shot accuracy his season. Yes, you read that right.

By contrast, Havertz has sub-90% passing and 0% shooting. I think you could make a case for Vieira getting a chance ahead of Kai, but obviously benching a £65m man this early in the season might be a source of embarrassment.

Soldato
We should be starting Trossard over Havertz.

Trossard has been great since he signed in Jan.

I feel sorry for him because clearly Havertz is not being chosen on merit.

We could have bought Milinkovic Savic with the Havertz money.

Last edited:
Associate
Despite pretty much everyone thinking Havertz should be dropped for the Everton game I guess that would destroy his confidence completely and won't happen. Trossard, ESR or Viera should be given a chance ahead of him, let's also hope we don't go back to that ridiculous system used against Fulham.

Associate
Great news with Odegaard signing a new contract, expected that to drag on for a while longer yet like Saka's but seems it was agreed very quickly.

I think the only downside with Partey is his injuries.

Man of Honour
Partey is arguably the best player in the league in his position when he’s fit and at his best. He was one of the few players we couldn’t do without.

His lack of fitness and the signings we’ve made have kinda dropped him down to a player who’ll only get in the starting team with an injury or if he shows consistent form.

One of those players like Tierney, where I couldn’t imagine us being without previously but would be happy to let him go for a decent fee.

Last edited:
Associate
Fair play to Arteta, he really changed things around against City, don't think I've seen Arsenal play that solid for a long time. Partey and Rice together and that back 4 is a strong combination. People saying 100m too much for Rice including me but hes more than justified that price tag, exactly what Arsenal needed! Now just need a 20+ goals a season striker!

Back
Top Bottom