The new Arsenal Club Thread - *No Spoilers & Read OP Before Posting*

I don't think Arsenal have enough out and out goal scorers to challenge City, maybe even struggle for a top 4 if injuries keep happening like they've started.

So if Partey goes, which now seems likely, really all we have done is replace Partey with Rice and signed Havertz. Timber now out for months, possibly the season, still no cover for Saka and still no out and out forward to get the goals. The team is good but I don't see how it's going to be any better than last season player wise and with the champions league thrown in those players are going to fade towards the end like Saka clearly did last season.

Depends where you read, I hope you are right.
Don’t panic, he’s going nowhere. We was open to it at the start of the window, but now we have sold Xhaka, haven't bought Caicedo or Lavia and Havertz has started poorly, we cannot lose him so close to the end of the window.

This one made me laugh

I can't understand why Balogun has not been played, not a single pre season game, proved himself last season, deserved atleast a chance, somethings going on, better and more potential than nketiah

What the hell was the thinking behind wasting 60 million on Havertz! Chelsea laughing all the way to the bank! That team today was worse than what it was at the end of last season.

Arteta has reformed the club but I just can't see what he is trying to do with it now. Good players sold on, a formation change that was a complete failure and a team that was playing at home against a mediocre side with 10 men that ended up defending like crazy to hold on and even failed at that. They should have been playing it around, winding time down comfortably with the extra man, not struggling around their penalty area. A shocking display of poor tactics. This team is going to achieve nothing if that's the way they are going forward now.

Last edited:
What the hell was the thinking behind wasting 60 million on Havertz! Chelsea laughing all the way to the bank! That team today was worse than what it was at the end of last season.
Chelsea have rinsed Arsenal and United this summer. Mount has looked less than average and is now injured. Havertz is an even odder signing because he's not even had a decent run of games never ind a season for Chelsea. Shows the perversity of top flight football when you can ***** £120m on players who look like squad padding.

I have no idea how anyone can look at Havertz at Chelsea and see him as a hidden gem. Arteta is destroying our lineup and formation to fit him in. Even worse is him going defensive mode vs a Fulham side with 10 men. Absolute shocker.

I have no idea how anyone can look at Havertz at Chelsea and see him as a hidden gem. Arteta is destroying our lineup and formation to fit him in. Even worse is him going defensive mode vs a Fulham side with 10 men. Absolute shocker.

To be fair he was played out of position at Chelsea.

But turns out it doesn’t matter. He’s useless everywhere.

I think this season could be an utter disaster if Arteta carries on down this path, a standard back 4 with Tierney and Gabriel back, Partey and Rice in midfield, Martinelli and Saka wings and Odeguard and Nketiah 10 and 9 and that game would have been won at a canter, instead we have to watch that complete load of tosh, panic in the ranks, defending like the underdogs, watching lesser players than we are selling making a complete hash of it, a toothless attack and general confusion all over the pitch on who is doing what, what a joke of a performance that was. As for Arteta saying that team was 10 times better than last seasons, what damn game was he watching because it certainly was not the Fulham one! Delusional!

Back
Top Bottom