The New Desks & Room Gallery

Tried&Tested said:
Gotta ask..why have surround sound yet have all the speakers in front of you? :confused:
Never understood the point in that myself.
If they`re short on room, why not just get some decent 2.1`s, rarther than 5.1 for the sake of it.

im in the same boat, or so it would appear. all my speakers are normally sitting on the desk as they are in my pictures. i have a surround sound system for dvds and my tv. the surround sound system on my computer is all the speakers on the desk until im playing games where i move two to behind me trailing some cables, im guessing other people do the same.

BoomAM said:
Never understood the point in that myself.
If they`re short on room, why not just get some decent 2.1`s, rarther than 5.1 for the sake of it.

You can still effectively get fairly good results with such an unconvential surround speaker placement, particular small ones simular to these. Their never going to have the typical stereo imaging or transpanancy of effects between each other anyways, even if seperated further apart. Thats not saying their bad and if anything it looks kinda good too.

Last edited:
Having a 5.1 setup with the rears on the front edges of the desk could give you an "ok" setup. But there are a lot of people who have RL/RR right next to the front speakers. Which in a 5.1 app, wouldnt give you any sence of surround sound whatsoever.

BoomAM said:
Having a 5.1 setup with the rears on the front edges of the desk could give you an "ok" setup. But there are a lot of people who have RL/RR right next to the front speakers. Which in a 5.1 app, wouldnt give you any sence of surround sound whatsoever.

And if they feel its not good enough couldnt they move them, as one member already suggested? Some people are more than happy with "ok" audio i dont think everyone cares for hifi quality.

Are your own stereo speakers situated perfectly with you in between when seated at yer PC area, dead centre for optimal stereo LR effects, iirc didnt seem to be the case last time you showed us.

Give the guy a break eh ;)
PS we know youve got headphones probably for PC.

Last edited:
Mr Latte said:
And if they feel its not good enough couldnt they move them, as one member already suggested? Some people are more than happy with "ok" audio i dont think everyone cares for hifi quality.

Are your own stereo speakers situated perfectly with you in between when seated at yer PC area, dead centre for optimal stereo LR effects, iirc didnt seem to be the case last time you showed us.

Give the guy a break eh ;)
PS we know youve got headphones probably for PC.
Im not saying they dont "care" for that quality. But quality is different to positioning. In my books anyway.
Im not aiming critisism at the previous poster either, im just commenting on the pointlessness of having a complete 5.1 setup with all the speakers next to each other. Surely you can see that? There literally is no 5.1 with it setup like that.

I have a 5.1 setup on my PC, and the positioning on them has a fairly big sweetspot on them. And a setup of Medusa5.1 headphones as well.
The stereo that your on about (amp, cd player, ect;), is on my Telly. Not quite as fancy as your media center, but gets me by! :)

Like the sig bty "due before duke nukem"! :p

heres my desk and pc :D

desk1.jpg

pc-room.jpg

uv_glow.jpg

Even though virtually everyone else has one of those leather (or leather effect) office type chairs, this old musty brown thing I sit on for hours on end, has flat wooden arm rests, perfect for my coffee cup or mousemat, and is suprisingly very comfortable, Although its probably not doing my back or posture any good.

It also gives me a perfect eye level for my 19" monitor which sits on an old formica desktop which itself is on top of an old wardrobe rested on its back.

The wooden surround arround my case and monitor is an old shelf, which is laying on its side and having had the rear flat panel removed.

Ahhh! The joys of bringing home a crap wage, being married and having kids.

Back
Top Bottom