The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Purchased a 35mm EOS Body a couple of weeks ago, the Canon EOS 3, came with the Battery booster pack - almost mint condition, very slight scratch on the body, clearly hardly used since the guide rails have no wear on them at all!

It has 45-point Area AF, high-speed and precision Eye Controlled Focus, and 7 fps high-speed predictive AF continuous shooting mode.

The Camera also boasts 21-zone evaluative metering linked to the focusing points, multi-spot metering with up to eight readings per exposure, eight metering systems, dust and moisture protection and a high-performance 1/8000sec. shutter unit rated at 100,000 activations

Pity Canon didn't make a Digital version of it.

Got some BW film on order for it.r

I wish they kept the eye tracking on newer digital models! It's so good once set up properly!

Soldato
Not technically my gear, but thought some may be interested to see it. Digi Op station for the past couple of days.

digil.jpg

From top to bottom, Eizo CG211, Wacom Intuos 3, Canon Selphy printer, 8 Core Mac Pro with PS CS5 and Capture 1, Pocket Wizard, tethered Hassleblad H3D-II with Phase P30+ back. In the peli there's a spare Hassleblad and an assortment of cables, G-drive backup externals, colorimeter, extra batteries etc. Possibly worth more than everything posted so far added together :p

Soldato
Recently purchased my first DSLR...a Nikon D7000.

Have been through several pairs of pants whilst oogling the quality it produces*, even with the kit lens!

Got a remote coming for Christmas, and a lens pen, woot!

* when compared to my 4 year old bridge camera!

Soldato
Just out of curiosity Raymond, I have a few quick questions...

How long is it when fully compact?

and,

How sturdy is it? (you mention it is self standing, but does it have a nice sturdy base so that it doesn't move too easily but can move with "ease" if pushed/pulled)

Cheers :)

Associate
A lot of love for the 85mm 1.8, I'll buy this when I'm off next I think.. Its been on my list for some time.

As a videographer, my wish list next year comprises mostly of lighting with one HUGE exception. In terms of lighting I want to build a kit that includes a few arri fresnels, maybe 3 dedo's and a Kino Flo diva light. The importance of light in improving my overall production is paramount next year. I've already seen improvements in my work.

The huge exception is that of the new Canon C300 Cine Cam. This is a large investment so ill be waiting to see some results in the field, but ultimately this is where I see my future. The Canon concept C may be also be a viable option, so I'll wait till late 2012 to see what develops

I'm still enjoying the results I'm achieving with my 5D mkii so there is no rush :)

Associate
Muhahahahahha

Impossible to get hold of in the UK.

You didn't look very far then. Available from a well known Photographic website with a logo that looks like an Iris.

How much did you pay? If it was less than £219 you've had a bargain. Nice bit of kit though. I've got the Manfrotto 681B Monopod with the 234RC head. Nice sturdy bit of kit and quite intimidating if anyone even thinks of mugging me :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I tried calumet, Jacobs, play, amazon, Bristol camera, W.E., clifton cameras, plus a few independent ones and all on back order. And one even called the head supplier whilst putting me on hold and confirmed the chances of getting one this side of Christmas is slim.

It cost £240 ish after exchange rate include DHL, tax and duty.

Last edited:

33L

33L

Associate
I got a delivery today, not so much a camera or lens but a nice new bag to put it all in. Easy to retrieve items and some room to grow with some intended kit i am looking for!

bag.jpg

Back
Top Bottom