The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
You're a perfectionist ray, I know someone that does children's portraits and didn't even know what camera they used except to say they think it's a canon one :eek:

Associate
I've had the profoto B1's out s few times now the kit is really solid and made to last. I do prefer the Softgrid boxes they make over the standard softboxes though.

Soldato
I'd buy now, the pound is predicted to continue to get hammered in the short to medium term. I am in the same boat, I want a 5D3 and 24-70. My dithering last week will have costed me £200 across both as the pound fell.

Looks like I'm already too late. It's up to near £1700 at the main retailers (cheaper at some others but not anywhere I trust not to be a grey import). Even the main importers have raised their prices.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I got this a while ago and it's been performing fantastically, Lexar Professional Workflow 6TB SSD over thunderbolt, each drive is removable and has a little case, I also have off shot an SD/CF/MicroSD/USB3 bays in a separate enclosure. my work flow for it is I keep a month of photos on each drive and then remove it if I need to edit on the road and put it back into the slot when done, catalog is synced via iCloud and is persistent across my 4 Macs.

n839fZk.jpg.png

That's an interesting idea.
A few questions:
Do the card readers copy to the SSDs automatically with the computer? If so how does it select the SSD to use?
How do the drives show up on the computer? Is one big volume or a drive for each SSD?
Do you back this up in any way or just rely on iCloud?

I've been looking at a NAS for all my photos and work with Lightroom, but as I don't really share between machines much, this might be a better, and faster, option.
A little pricey from what I can see though!

Back
Top Bottom