The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
I have had four 5D before, first time putting a screen protector on the back. The right one is off by a VERY small amount but too late to reseat it. Well, at least I can now tell them apart!

Are you having to re-do all your AF microadjustment for the new bodies on all the lenses or do you not bother?

Associate
Tip for placing screen protectors: align it with the covering plastic on, drop one or two pieces of sticky tape on the back of the protector attached to the camera to make a sticky tape "hinge" for alignement. Then take the plastic covering the sticky part off fold" it back into place with the sticky tape hinge. Remove tape and voila. Do this in a slightly steamy bathroom too as the steam will keep dust particles from falling between the screen and the protector.

Soldato
Do like FoCal - upgraded to the Pro version a while back and takes so much of the tedium out of it, although that it's not fully automatic on the 5D3 is a bit of a pain (dunno about the 5D4).

Finally got round to doing my 24-70 and 35 the other day.

Soldato
Hmmmm never seen this Focal before and intrigued by it. May be worth a punt.

How are you finding the 5D4 Ray? Really want to upgrade my aged 5dii that I own, been renting 5Diii when I need them so would love to grab a 4 but the price of admission is putting my off when the sensor in a D810 is better and the camera is cheaper.

Caporegime
Hmmmm never seen this Focal before and intrigued by it. May be worth a punt.

How are you finding the 5D4 Ray? Really want to upgrade my aged 5dii that I own, been renting 5Diii when I need them so would love to grab a 4 but the price of admission is putting my off when the sensor in a D810 is better and the camera is cheaper.

I have only used it on 1 project so far and that's for lots of fabric shoot so it's not exactly challenging for anything...stills, plenty of light, nothing moving....etc

Been meaning to test it out but since getting the Fuji a couple of weeks ago I've been preoccupied with that which is weird. I am finding a 5 year old camera more interesting than a new £3k latest and greatest DSLR x 2! But also a part of me knows I am not getting the best out of it until I ran FoCal anyway so if I were to have complaint about its focusing, that's not fair until that is done.

Soldato
Current set

stacked.jpg

Soldato
I have only used it on 1 project so far and that's for lots of fabric shoot so it's not exactly challenging for anything...stills, plenty of light, nothing moving....etc

Been meaning to test it out but since getting the Fuji a couple of weeks ago I've been preoccupied with that which is weird. I am finding a 5 year old camera more interesting than a new £3k latest and greatest DSLR x 2! But also a part of me knows I am not getting the best out of it until I ran FoCal anyway so if I were to have complaint about its focusing, that's not fair until that is done.

I sold my X-Pro a few years ago and it sold for peanuts. I should have just kept it...such a lovely camera. Always shot with the optical viewfinder on it.

Maybe I'll try and get a 2 sometime which was the reason for selling!

Associate
Decided on who to buy from at 4.30 = very tired staff, sadly for him he got his maths very wrong!

Wife was doing the deal, asked once to double check, then said OK! (I had to have a little wander as I couldn't believe what was happening..)

We left pretty sharpish after that!

Soldato
Update to my purchase... Very happy with it. Maybe the EOS M3 isn't great in terms of lens availability etc - But for what I'm using it for - Can't complain.

Family pet pics = excellent. Other style of pics, would like a proper zoom lens but it does me. Plenty room to crop images / keep quality.
Wouldn't have been as happy if I didn't get the 22mm Prime at the same time though. I am not a pro - Wife can use it too, has remote for taking family pics with all in it... Happy days.

Associate
No piccies, but I got some new filters.

Got the Lee 100mm foundation kit, the 77mm wide angle adapter, the big and little stopper and 2 and 3 stop hard nd grads. Not cheap..

Back
Top Bottom