*** The new MacBook/MacBook Pro thread, all info in here ***

Soldato
You'll need to copy the entire 'iTunes' folder, that has the library file in it which stores play counts etc. But yeah, will copy over fine :)

Commissario
I did it. It was a case of doing an export on my PC, editing the XML so that the paths were all correct and then importing on the Mac. Don't ask me how though as I just followed a guide that I'd googled.

Soldato
You'll need to copy the entire 'iTunes' folder, that has the library file in it which stores play counts etc. But yeah, will copy over fine :)

How though? The iTunes library data file contains windows links "e.g G:\music\song.mp3" if I moved that to a Mac the mac wouldn't understand what "G:\music" even is. I suspect I need a programme that replaces "G:\music" across the itunes database to the mac equivalent.

Soldato
I did it. It was a case of doing an export on my PC, editing the XML so that the paths were all correct and then importing on the Mac. Don't ask me how though as I just followed a guide that I'd googled.

That's exactly what I thought. I'll have a look on Google.

Surely someone has written an app to do this for you, even I could put together something in VB that does that.

Soldato
Dont suppose anyone has Call of Duty 4 for Mac?

Just got my macbook and wandering if something like CoD4 would run on it. Its the base model aluminuim macbook. :)

Or any other tips for new users would be much appreciated. ;)

Probably not going to playable on the max settings, but it should definitely run.

For everything else see this thread or just ask lots of questions when you get confused. :)

Edit: According to this page, 28FPS for CoD4 on max settings, so if you drop a few settings it shouldn't look too bad and still be playable. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Another quick question, what do you guys do with your macbooks when your done.

Do you simply close the lid and let it sleep or do you shut it down properly?

Might sound like a silly question but i quite like just closing the lid and let it sleep rather than having to turn it on and do a cold boot each time. Just making sure there is nothing wrong in doing that and what you guys do? ;)

Associate
Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the RAM/HDD on the new 13" MBP, what with the non-removable battery and all...

I've just spoken to Apple Care and they've told me that you cannot upgrade either. Boo. Was really tempted to buy one as well and upgrade it to 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD at a cost of £130 odd but if I want it done now by Apple it'll cost £240.:eek:

Associate
I've just spoken to Apple Care and they've told me that you cannot upgrade either. Boo. Was really tempted to buy one as well and upgrade it to 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD at a cost of £130 odd but if I want it done now by Apple it'll cost £240.:eek:

well the obvusly going to say you cant, it will void the warrenty and you might brake it. but if they can upgrade the laptop there must be a way anyone can do it, but obvusly might be risky if you dont know what you are doing and might requir specilist tools.

Associate
well the obvusly going to say you cant, it will void the warrenty and you might brake it. but if they can upgrade the laptop there must be a way anyone can do it, but obvusly might be risky if you dont know what you are doing and might requir specilist tools.

but it wasn't a problem or issue with the old 13" macbook, it told you how to do it in the manual.
The guy on the phone said it was due to non removable battery that RAM and HDD cannot be upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom