The NEW SPL Season 2010-2011 **Spoilers** (Read the Rules Before Posting)

Soldato
No, Rangers are the champions, you're a wee armchair fan that sat at home and rode the coattails of other peoples success. ;)

Just because I can no longer afford to goto games every week makes me no less of a fan but whatever you stick to the buddies and enjoy your relegation fight again next season :D

Soldato
I was at Ibrox in the late 70's and in the 80's I've lived through bare seasons also.

Yeah, must have been terrible finishing 5th :p

For a good chuckle, these bare spells included 5 titles and four scottish cups. Its amazing though, even before Souness came and Rangers were finishing 5th or 6th, there was only 6000 there, every Rangers fan you come across was one of those 6000 ;)

Soldato
Yeah, must have been terrible finishing 5th :p

For a good chuckle, these bare spells included 5 titles and four scottish cups. Its amazing though, even before Souness came and Rangers were finishing 5th or 6th, there was only 6000 there, every Rangers fan you come across was one of those 6000 ;)

was easy to get a seat thats for sure.

Soldato
Congrats to Rangers, didn't see it, but sounds like Kilmarnock did their best to throw it :p

Seems my reply to this had a spelling/typo issue so I'll type it again. Killie did'nt throw it half aswell as Celtic did vrs ICT.

Heres hoping I didnt hit a wrong key this time :)

Soldato
Killie were riddled with injuries from the start anyway, throw in Bryson in midfield who tweets anti Celtic posts and it was always going to be a bad day for Killie. The Killie board killed off any chance Killie did have in the game by letting Rangers fans take over the stadium.

Soldato
Cant say I blame them good payday at the end of a long season.

Well you can look at it two ways, the supporters are up in arms about it, Rangers fans sitting in their season ticket seats who decided to sit where they wanted, there was supposed to be segregation and wasnt. If the result hadnt gone the way it did then things could have got nasty. The end of season is also traditional where players will applaud their fans and spend a bit of time on the pitch and this wasnt able to happen.

On the flip side, they made about 125k extra out of the match so its possible that could get them an extra player next year.

Soldato
If the fans were unhappy about it they have to look to their board who decided to take the money and also failed to police their own ground. They said they would and clearly didnt I know of one fan who went down to killie trying to get 50 tickets for the game. He got them too.

I agree though their fans should have been in to applaud their fans, though they got their chance as both teams went off at the end then the Killie team came back out to aplaud their support, after that the Rangers team came out to get their prize.

Board failed their support. Simple as that.

Soldato
If the fans were unhappy about it they have to look to their board who decided to take the money and also failed to police their own ground. They said they would and clearly didnt I know of one fan who went down to killie trying to get 50 tickets for the game. He got them too.

I agree though their fans should have been in to applaud their fans, though they got their chance as both teams went off at the end then the Killie team came back out to aplaud their support, after that the Rangers team came out to get their prize.

Board failed their support. Simple as that.

Yeah but because Rangers fans had overrun the ground, it was not the send off the team deserved given the terrific season they had had.

Soldato
Yeah but because Rangers fans had overrun the ground, it was not the send off the team deserved given the terrific season they had had.

Again the boards fault. You'd have thought they'd have guessed Rangers fans were buying tickets purely from the number of tickets sold. Still a shame for the players, I'm sure a fair few of the Rangers support applauded them as apart from that game they had put up a great fight in the previous games.

Back
Top Bottom