The NEW SPL Season 2010-2011 **Spoilers** (Read the Rules Before Posting)

Soldato
Will be tough for Rangers tomorrow against Kilmarnock away though they've won each game against them this season and expect Celtic to win by a couple of goals. I think Rangers will only win by a goal and a nervy end to the game just hope it's not controversial.

It looks like Motherwell are fielding a weaker team than normal to prepare for the cup final though not suggesting anything with that so hopefully some good football on display after all the carry on this season for various reasons.

Yeah, its started tough for them :p

3-0 up after 7 minutes, incredible, as much as I hate both sides of the old firm I would have hated for Celtic to have won it this season with the whole bother about the referees that they kicked up earlier in the season.

Man of Honour
3-0 already? I've checked the team lineups and Killie have definitely put a team out there although if I hadn't taken a look I wouldn't be sure.

Hoping for a win to see decent result from Hearts today but it doesn't actually matter fo the overall position at least.

Soldato
lol. The SPL is just like La Liga. Its all about two teams. Really rubbish. Whats there to gain from other teams in the SPL? Theres no incentive there. Other teams are better off focusing on the cups instead of trying to win the league.

Soldato
Its a bad league for quality of football

Only teams I can think of ever winning the Scottish top division, Both Glasgow teams and Aderdeen

Its a terrible quality mostly, Rangers and Celtic would be around the top of the championship for terms of quality, Hearts would be bottom of championship, the rest of teams would be league 1 or league 2.

Soldato
lol. The SPL is just like La Liga. Its all about two teams. Really rubbish. Whats there to gain from other teams in the SPL? Theres no incentive there. Other teams are better off focusing on the cups instead of trying to win the league.

La Liga is more competitive, in the past 12 years there has been 4 winners. In EPL, three winners, in Scotland, 2.

Man of Honour
Oh for the love of... Dundee Utd 1-0 Hearts at the moment. I'm just glad we got enough of a lead from earlier on in the season as our final few games have been pretty poor, now the season can't end soon enough.

Man of Honour
Is Kyle back yet? Hearts seemed to implode after he got injured, even we (st mirren) gave them a pretty close run at Tynecastle.

Still injured as far as I'm aware so hopefully he'll be back next season to give us a bit more potential in front of goal. And Gary Glen's just equalised for Hearts.

Celtic leading 1-0 against Motherwell but it's looking a bit academic with Rangers pretty comfortable at the moment.

Man of Honour
It's Killie 1-5 Rangers now - is this the start of the most improbable comeback we've ever seen? ;)

Celtic are also 4-0 up and cruising.

Dundee Utd are 2-1 up now.

It's also yet another season where the 7th placed team is going to finish with more points than 6th (and even 5th in this case), I understand why it happens but can't feel it's fundamentally a bit wrong especially when the difference in prize money can make a fair difference to the clubs.

Soldato
It's also yet another season where the 7th placed team is going to finish with more points than 6th (and even 5th in this case), I understand why it happens but can't feel it's fundamentally a bit wrong especially when the difference in prize money can make a fair difference to the clubs.

I will say what you are too polite to say. Its fundamentally an utter **** up. You have a team with more points being lower in the league but at the same time they have their points as a result of playing lesser teams than the top 6.

The SPL need only take a casual glance at any other major league in the world and ask why no one else does this.

Back
Top Bottom