The NEW SPL Season 2010-2011 **Spoilers** (Read the Rules Before Posting)

Soldato
Hi mate, sorry but that's the trouble with googling rules from a website as opposed to the knowledge gained when being explained them from the FA itself. As it is actually you who is ignorant of certain points despite reading the rule on the SFA website.

It would do you good to go on a refereeing course, it's only about £100 and you get £75 back once you have ref'd 6 games. I would recommend it to everyone.

Impeding or what you keep calling obstruction is when their is no contact.
When their is contact, it becomes a foul.

I appreciate you don't like it, Davis can't do much about it or you may think it is soft but it is the rule. Which is what I and other referees have to follow.

Fairs fair, nice to get some sort of insight into the Rulebook which seems full of conjecture and misinterpretation also :p

Obviously impeding means to prevent the movement of a person but you are suggesting that as soon as contact is made then it becomes a foul despite the fact it would be in many peoples eyes obstruction/impeding of movement :confused:

Gotta say, no wonder the SFA referees are hopeless :p so many rules open to interpretation depending on how they were taught.

What I will ask then...why is obstruction/impeding movement not given when player needs to run around an opponent with no contact as they are 'in the way' is a foul never given then? It certainly seems quite bizarre to myself that's all.

I think the problem is, looking back at the Steven Davis incident for the penalty I would like to know what part of a direct free kick foul you would have considered davis to have commited? Looking at the rules the 10 fouls that result in a direct free-kick do not relate or at least I would believe do not relate to the incident. Reason being that Davis did not move towards Stokes and held his ground with Stokes actually charging in Davis.

Obviously I'm not the one who has been on a refereeing course but I'm sure you can be receptive of me questioning this as it is certainly not clear as day from the Rule Book they have in place.

Also if this is the case then surely we would have footballers doing this week in and week out to exploit the rules to gain a foul?

Also why did he not give penalty when Joe Ledley was as you would say fouled in the box in exactly the same way? What would he have deemed that as?

I think this is why referees should be open to both critisism and also to speak after a game to explain certain decisions.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The remainder of the days scores:
Aberdeen 1-0 Inverness Caley Thistle
Hibernian 1-2 St Johnstone
Kilmarnock 2-2 Hearts

Rubbish, Hearts went behind, managed to get it back to 2-1 and then somehow still get a draw. Just not sealing off that third place yet.

Soldato
Celtic 4 - 1 Dundee Utd

Lovely game to watch - very relieved to get the win.

Another week closer - now to worry about the ICT game on Wednesday

Soldato
Celtic 4 - 1 Dundee Utd

Lovely game to watch - very relieved to get the win.

Another week closer - now to worry about the ICT game on Wednesday

If they win on Wednesday then I don't see Celtic throwing away the title and given that Dundee Utd was supposed to be one of the major chances of them blowing it I doubt they have much to worry about.

Soldato
Which 48 hours would this be according to the press 48 hours seems to have lasted weeks now.

Yeah I know - I have been following the takeover thread on RM - seems to be driving everyone crazy, me included - wish it was just done and dusted and life goes on.

Soldato
Yeah to me the board holding this up reminds me of when Wee Fergus came to take over Celtic. At first the board didnt want him but he got his way in the end and imo saved Celtic the wee **** ;)

Soldato
Yeah to me the board holding this up reminds me of when Wee Fergus came to take over Celtic. At first the board didnt want him but he got his way in the end and imo saved Celtic the wee **** ;)

Indeed - it was all about selfish self-preservation and does no good for the club itself. Do you think the Rangers board are the same? I was under the impression that Bain was wanting out from his unpaid job anyway and had no desire to stay ?

Soldato
Err Bain gets a healthy salary from Rangers. Johnson the Chairman says he gets no salary and will leave once the club is sold and go back to just being a fan again.

Soldato
Err Bain gets a healthy salary from Rangers. Johnson the Chairman says he gets no salary and will leave once the club is sold and go back to just being a fan again.

Indeed - it was Johnson I meant to say - he seems to be the one that is slowing things up yet has nothing to gain from it?

Soldato
I'm a RANGERS fan but after the weekend I can't see Celtic slip up on the way in this time. Full squad playing well, Butcher had to tell Caley players they were being released... great build up....

Is tonight's the game on the telly? 18 BST kick off.

Soldato
I'm a RANGERS fan but after the weekend I can't see Celtic slip up on the way in this time. Full squad playing well, Butcher had to tell Caley players they were being released... great build up....

Is tonight's the game on the telly? 18 BST kick off.

Yup its on telly thats why it has the 6pm kickoff as domestic games cant be screened live at the same time as champions league games.

Back
Top Bottom