The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Quick update on Newcastle's promising academy kids learning their trade and improving while out on loan.

Kelland Watts (Wigan Athletic):
The Latics won by the odd goal in five at Peterborough United in League One on Saturday but Kell was once again omitted from the matchday squad.

Matty Bondswell (Newport County):
There was no trace of Matty in the Exiles selection for a 2-1 home success against Swindon Town in League Two on Saturday.

Dylan Stephenson (South Shields):

The forward kept his place in the Mariners side for a 1-1 draw at Scarborough Athletic in National League North on Saturday. Dylan completed 62 minutes.

Michael Ndiweni (Annan Athletic):

A losing start to life over the border on Saturday in Scottish League One for striker Michael, introduced at half time in a 2-3 home loss to Alloa Athletic. 358 fans were at Galabank, which has an artificial pitch.

Garang Kuol (Volendam):

Kuol was introduced as an 80th minute replacement during Volendam's Eredivisie visit to Utrecht on Sunday. His side trailed 2-3 at that point - it ended 2-4.

Yankuba Minteh (Feyenoord)
The Gambian was a 67th minute arrival from the bench at AZ Alkmaar in the Eredivisie on Sunday. Feyenoord led 1-0 at that point and that's how it ended.

Associate
This that was a big win against forest. Get some players back, take one game at a time, get a run going and the season will sort itself out

Associate
New contract for Krafth, think he's really serviceable and good cover and I can imagine scenarios next year where he is main backup again at rb.

Associate
Yeah while Hall is young I'm sure he expected more opportunities but Howe has really shown this year that it takes a lot for him to trust you. Wouldn't be suprised if Hall gets loaned out next year which is not ideal considering how much money he cost.

Soldato
Has NUFC actually bought him though? At the time it was called a loan with an obligation to buy. Don't see how it can be a loan if you absolutely have to purchase him. More like a differed payment.

Don
Has NUFC actually bought him though? At the time it was called a loan with an obligation to buy. Don't see how it can be a loan if you absolutely have to purchase him. More like a differed payment.
It's just a way of the buying club pushing the costs, from an accounting point of view, back a year. As you say Newcastle could have just bought him last season with £0 up front payment and installments beginning from this coming summer however from an accounting point of view he'd still cost £xm on this seasons accounts. Doing it this way, none of the fee (whether actually paid in the year or otherwise) is accounted for on this seasons accounts.

Associate
I think the only clause is that if we get relegated it isn't an obligation. Howe has been vague about it but reliable journalists from both sides have reported it's effectively an obligation regardless of appearances.

Soldato
Just looking back at press from the time, BBC and Sky reported it was as Baz says. A permanent deal that the club starts paying for in the 24/25 season however other outlets including the clubs official site (which used to be terrible but have upped their game significantly in last two years along with the social media side of things) claiming the permanent deal hinges on him meeting certain performance based criteria.

Howe was asked about the situation back in December and he clearly didn't know what was going on either. Maybe there is an appearance clause, Eddie isn't keen on him so isn't playing him. He's still only 19 like.

Associate
I guess technically us not getting relegated is performance related. If he has any personal performance based clauses it's hard to imagine he'd hit them as he's played less than 300 minutes which is crazy considering we've had injuries at both his strongest positions.

Associate
I agree, I've been confused but I think most fans have been, especially since Burn has been getting absolutely rinsed since he came back from injury.

Soldato
Looking at this I think Howe has worked miracles to have us 7th in the table, after 35 games this season these are how many games the following players have missed through injury
Willock - 32
Barnes - 27
Anderson - 23
Targett - 21
Murphy - 19
Botman -18
Wilson - 16
Pope - 14
Joelinton - 12
Isak - 9
Burn - 8
Lacelles - 6
Longstaff - 5
Miggy - 2
Trippier - 2
Schar - 2
Tino - 1
Dubs - 1

Associate
I agree, I've been confused but I think most fans have been, especially since Burn has been getting absolutely rinsed since he came back from injury.
Burn has been getting mullered for pace and unfortunately hall doesn't seem overly blessed in that area either

Back
Top Bottom