The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Associate
Looking at this I think Howe has worked miracles to have us 7th in the table, after 35 games this season these are how many games the following players have missed through injury
Willock - 32
Barnes - 27
Anderson - 23
Targett - 21
Murphy - 19
Botman -18
Wilson - 16
Pope - 14
Joelinton - 12
Isak - 9
Burn - 8
Lacelles - 6
Longstaff - 5
Miggy - 2
Trippier - 2
Schar - 2
Tino - 1
Dubs - 1
Inclined to agree. Not an injury but I feel like our marquee summer signing tonali should still feature on this list. Presumably not Howes job to do background checks

Associate
New contract for Krafth, think he's really serviceable and good cover and I can imagine scenarios next year where he is main backup again at rb.
Serviceable but I was shocked to see he was one of our higher earners so thought we might have moved him on to free up wages.

Soldato
Looking at this I think Howe has worked miracles to have us 7th in the table, after 35 games this season these are how many games the following players have missed through injury
Willock - 32
Barnes - 27
Anderson - 23
Targett - 21
Murphy - 19
Botman -18
Wilson - 16
Pope - 14
Joelinton - 12
Isak - 9
Burn - 8
Lacelles - 6
Longstaff - 5
Miggy - 2
Trippier - 2
Schar - 2
Tino - 1
Dubs - 1
Elite?

Soldato
I saw a thing on Facebook earlier. Said Wilson has missed 479 days at Newcastle while Michael Owen missed 480. Dunno how true it is but I was so enraged I immediately smashed my phone and sent mark zuckerberg the bill :mad:

Associate
I saw a thing on Facebook earlier. Said Wilson has missed 479 days at Newcastle while Michael Owen missed 480. Dunno how true it is but I was so enraged I immediately smashed my phone and sent mark zuckerberg the bill :mad:
Difference is that I still believe Wilson "wants" to play for us

Soldato
If Wilson misses the whole 12 weeks he will have missed 48% of Newcastle’s games since he signed.

Soldato
This just highlights another issue in our squad. If we wanna compete on more fronts, we need another striker and a good one at that, more money needs spending that we probably don't. Can't help but think we will be selling in the summer to be able to deal.

Soldato
This just highlights another issue in our squad. If we wanna compete on more fronts, we need another striker and a good one at that, more money needs spending that we probably don't. Can't help but think we will be selling in the summer to be able to deal.
They’ve already softened up, conditioned and tested the fan base in January ahead of this and didn’t get a lot of negative push back. Two steps forward and three back.

Soldato
When you look at that possibility so, but on the other hand, could his training methods be at fault? Isak for instance has had more days out playing for us than he has in his previous whole career
With Isak I think it’s more squad depth and not giving him the recovery time he needs. He always seems to be threw into the team or rushed back because Wilson is broken again. It’s the same issue this season with his groin.

It’s mental that we got all these injuries when we spent 10million upgrading the training ground facilities. Cryobaths, swimming pool etc.

Bring back the wheely bins and Argos paddling pool!!!

Associate
With Isak I think it’s more squad depth and not giving him the recovery time he needs. He always seems to be threw into the team or rushed back because Wilson is broken again. It’s the same issue this season with his groin.

It’s mental that we got all these injuries when we spent 10million upgrading the training ground facilities. Cryobaths, swimming pool etc.

Bring back the wheely bins and Argos paddling pool!!!
We've had a few freak injuries too. Bad falls etc. not everything can be mitigated.

Caporegime
seems like we are so desperate for depth that people are playing again before they are ready.

has anyone ever returned fully fit?

Last edited:
Associate
After my misdemeanor yesterday I've read the rules and believe it's ok to discuss the game on here now but can someone please confirm :⁠-⁠)

Soldato
Gets lost a bit though at times. Especially on a weekend like this when Newcastle’s mediocrity is punctuated by Arsenal, Man utd and Liverpool all winning and scoring so many goals. There’s over a dozen pages on the match thread between my last post and this one. There could be a serious danger of missing some of Bigpigs hot takes. You wouldn’t want that would you?

Don
Gets lost a bit though at times. Especially on a weekend like this when Newcastle’s mediocrity is punctuated by Arsenal, Man utd and Liverpool all winning and scoring so many goals. There’s over a dozen pages on the match thread between my last post and this one. There could be a serious danger of missing some of Bigpigs hot takes. You wouldn’t want that would you?
I appreciate that and it's not a hard rule (although no chat is allowed pre MOTD) however it's tidier if match chat goes in the match threads rather than the same game potentially being discussed in 3 different threads. One of the best parts of our football forum is that we're a mix of supporters of different sides and rather than having just Newcastle supporters in here discussing how good Dan Burn's performance was, Utd fans doing the same in their thread etc, discussions in matchday threads encourage a bit more debate from all sets of supporters. This was actually one of the reasons why club threads were originally banned.

Associate
I appreciate that and it's not a hard rule (although no chat is allowed pre MOTD) however it's tidier if match chat goes in the match threads rather than the same game potentially being discussed in 3 different threads. One of the best parts of our football forum is that we're a mix of supporters of different sides and rather than having just Newcastle supporters in here discussing how good Dan Burn's performance was, Utd fans doing the same in their thread etc, discussions in matchday threads encourage a bit more debate from all sets of supporters. This was actually one of the reasons why club threads were originally banned.
Chances of a Dan burn supporters thread?

Back
Top Bottom