The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Caporegime
I don’t get the release clause bit and the end of June thing. So they’ll sell him for 100m up to end of June and not after? If someone offers 100m then he’s off, even if it’s August 31st.
Does he want to leave? wasn't he one of the first big players to join when Newcastle weren't doing well?

if Newcastle finish 6th theres no guarantee wherever he goes is doing better than that anyway.

the only advantage other clubs really have ironically is money, if newcastle could spend the same as the big 6 they could compete with them

Match fixing = bad
league fixing = good

Last edited:
Soldato
He’s not short on suitors. He could easily slot into any team across Europe. He Had talks with Real but told them he wanted to stay at the toon not that long ago. He does spend quite a lot of his spare time in Paris that’s probably where he might end up.

If we fail to make European football I wouldn’t begrudge him a move but all indications seem to be him staying. Just bought a 4million quid home. His whole family likes it in Newcastle.

Caporegime
His whole family likes it in Newcastle.
They probably don't though.

Must be a boring city for rich people, if you want a nice quiet life in the countryside then sure.

but your opportunities for high end shopping are limited, hence tonali being spotted with a sports direct bag

Soldato
They probably don't though.

Must be a boring city for rich people, if you want a nice quiet life in the countryside then sure.

but your opportunities for high end shopping are limited, hence tonali being spotted with a sports direct bag

Him and his wife have both stated they love the area. They feel like its wonder place to raise their kids. Feel safe. Can take their dogs for countryside walks. They don't seem like the high maintenance type.

They are rich. They just purchased a 4million quid home. They have the money to jump on a private plane and go to Paris for weekend shopping or long weekends away when Bruno has a free weekend.

For Bruno to stay at Newcastle i believe its a case of us matching his ambition.

Don't think you can compare Sandro. He shopping in sports direct and eating in Weatherspoon's probably because he broke and paying off gambling debts!!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Him and his wife have both stated they love the area. They feel like its wonder place to raise their kids. Feel safe. Can take their dogs for countryside walks. They don't seem like the high maintenance type.

Media statements that mean nothing. they are hardly going to move here and say
The culture shock is massive, I heard NUFC were the richest football club in the world, but it's in the middle of nowhere, the cities full of poverty and crime.
The streets look like something out of Ukraine with holes from previous wars all over the place.

I've never seen a city so neglected by the people running it, absolutely unbelievable, thank god I live in Darras Hall with all the other millionaires!
Just lask week me and big joe went for a walk around Leazes park like, The playground was all fenced off and theres a big sign asking for donations???? where is Newcastle council? what a STATE!!!!!

Only thing NUFC offers him really is a chance to become a legend, at other clubs he won't stand out so much, might not get as much game time etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
@arknor

I honestly don’t know how to respond to that. I don’t know them to know if they are lying or not. I can only take their “media statements” at face value.

He did speak to Real Madrid but wanted to stay. That did come from Bruno directly. Could be lying? I don’t know.

Players like Joelinton are born and raised in slums which are crime ridden. Newcastle is a walk in the park in comparison.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Players like Joelinton are born and raised in slums which are crime ridden. Newcastle is a walk in the park in comparison.
Yea but doesn't mean their partners were.

I've seen the joelinton video with his family home in some small little village (not a slum just poor)

The footballers probably don't care because they are at work every day anyway, their partners probably would be the ones moaning if they don't make friends etc easily, since they likely do nothing all day and need to spend money to keep busy.

Newcastle's small, it's boring, the council only cares about students, so everything is focused around students.

apart from the great outdoors there's not a lot else around, the nearest good shopping is probably Manchester

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are not in a super fashionable city, or the countries capital it’s extremely difficult to attract top foreign players unless you are a historical giant capable of winning trophies or you can convince them that you’re the next club on the rise to challenge. Failing that you have to offer big money.
I don’t think Newcastle is that much different to other Northern cities in terms of how bad the bad bits are but footballers and their families are unlikely to get exposed to much of that unless Bruno’s Mrs is partial to a saveloy dip on shields road.
The north east is one of the poorest parts of the country, deprived for years by successive governments that care little for it yet its full of partisan citizens and fans of its football clubs who will tell you it’s the greatest place on earth. Plenty in this thread that were born and bred there, me included. Sure, have a go at the players, or the manger or the clubs current strategy but it’s not the right thread to have an attack on the place.

Soldato
FA stated they had no case against him only for Sandro owning up. The major reason why it’s been suspended.

Also believe he’s took quite a paycut while he’s not playing. Hopefully we get to see the best of him come next season.

Soldato
New appointment? that's a bit of a coupe seeing hes been linked nonstop with Manu!

Also seen posts from the local press that Newcastle asking price for Ashworth is no were near 15million that's been published. So whats the plan? make him sit out this transfer window then do a deal? Think it's heading to arbitration.

Edit: puke Edwards has posted that Newcastle haven't made their mind up yet!

Last edited:
Soldato
New appointment? that's a bit of a coupe seeing hes been linked nonstop with Manu!

Also seen posts from the local press that Newcastle asking price for Ashworth is no were near 15million that's been published. So whats the plan? make him sit out this transfer window then do a deal? Think it's heading to arbitration.

Edit: puke Edwards has posted that Newcastle haven't made their mind up yet!

puke knows nothing mate

Back
Top Bottom