The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Suspended
why can an arbitrator decide when someone breaks their contract and wants to leave early?

should be tough luck, enjoy your gardening
Exactly this, I would just let him rot in the garden of of spite now the way Manu and ashworth have gone around things.
We paid £5m to Brighton to release him early from his gardening leave, yet ManU are apparently not budging from the £2m they have offered for a “10 out of 10” DoF, if people up here are to be believed we want £6m now and £3m in 25/26 and £3m in 26/27, and him to start work on September 2nd, which is a pretty fair deal TBH.

Soldato
Some great stuff on the NUFC.com on this day section. Coles 41st goal and securing 3rd place in our first premier league season, relegated at Villa, crowned Champions 365 days later, the signing of Supermac and Killers birthday :cool:

Soldato
Eddie Howe on the Overlap. Listened on the way home from work. It's ok, nothing ground breaking or insightful really. If you want to listen to him and haven't checked out his interview on The High Performance podcast then do that instead. :)

Soldato
New kits on the 7th of June!!!!! Can’t wait!!

Also news coming out that Freeman is now the front runner as the owners want PL experience for the new DOF.

Caporegime
The temporary adidas store looks awful so for.

it looks like a bunch of shipping containers linked together, but they are suspended above the floor on brick pedestals.
the floors not level so one end is on the floor, the other end is like 3ft off the ground.
they either placed the pedestals wrong or they messed up placing the containers.

one of the corner pedestals the container is only like half touching it, looks like a death trap for kids to go under

thankfully its fenced off and hopefully won't stay like that.

Hopefully when the new store refit is finished they sell some good merch that's not all clothing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The temporary adidas store looks awful so for.

it looks like a bunch of shipping containers linked together, but they are suspended above the floor on brick pedestals.
Heres what I'm talking about btw
o3lpWJd.jpeg

Someone should get an AI to draw a newcastle stadium with the Gallowgate end made out of shipping containers.

seems to be a theme so far with the stack crap and now the adidas temp store

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Heres what I'm talking about btw
o3lpWJd.jpeg

Someone should get an AI to draw a newcastle stadium with the Gallowgate end made out of shipping containers.

seems to be a theme so far with the stack crap and now the adidas temp store
yeah it looks like they'll build steps and wrap it. they've done it like that just so the containers are level relative to themselves, rather than the bank it's on.

I'm sure it'll look fine when it opens in three weeks :)

Soldato
So the current Newcastle kit has been sold exclusively in the club shop, Sports Direct and through Castore both in store and online. Next seasons kit will only be available at the club shop, JD Sports and through Adidas in store and online. However this is unfair, anti competitive and will drive consumer prices up? So Ashley is taking them to court over it. s that right?

Suspended
So the current Newcastle kit has been sold exclusively in the club shop, Sports Direct and through Castore both in store and online. Next seasons kit will only be available at the club shop, JD Sports and through Adidas in store and online. However this is unfair, anti competitive and will drive consumer prices up? So Ashley is taking them to court over it. s that right?
Bloke always has been and always will be a parasite

Soldato
Bloke always has been and always will be a parasite
I see Jonas was back on the toon doing a few Q&A’s

What was it again with him and the Mike. Tried to cancel his contract or something when he was fighting cancer?

Can still remember that goal that saved us from relegation after he beat cancer. Was a brilliant moment!

Caporegime
yeah it looks like they'll build steps and wrap it. they've done it like that just so the containers are level relative to themselves, rather than the bank it's on.
yea there's steps and a ramp on the right side now.

The left sides now a loading bay for trucks, so I guess it being that high off the ground now makes sense

Soldato
After Lewis Hall’s goal, we have equaled the record (held by Man U), of 20 different goal scorers in a PL season. We just need Kraft, Targett, Dummet, or Anderson to score tomorrow to beat it.

We also only need one more goal to match our all time PL goals tally record, which was 82 in the 93/94 season when teams played 42 games per season (we already passed the record of 78 goals for a 38-match season).

So a 2-0 win with Anderson scoring would be pretty special.

We also scored in every home (PL) game this season for the first time, and broke the record for the most different scorers from a single team in a Premier League game with the 8-0 win at Sheffield United.

Given the above, it really highlights our frailties in defence this season - especially away from home. I know we’ve had an injury crisis (plus Tonali’s ban) but there have been other issues like that unusual poor spell from Tripps that cost us a few goals/games before he got injured.

Let’s hope they can sort all this over the summer and come back stronger next season. If we can keep the attack rate and shore-up at the back, it’s going to be an exciting season!

Soldato
This season has had so many up and downs and if we manage to scrape European football that would be incredible.

Club needs to be ruthless in the summer and start getting rid of players that are simply not good enough or have peaked. GK, RW and Striker needed. I would be happy with any of the defensive players posted in the transfer thread.

It’s been great to see Hall finally emerge over the last few games. He’s a baller

Not long now for the New Adidas deal to finally kick off. The leaked shirts are fantastic if true. Two classic shirts and one of my personal favourites which I owned. The 99 white with green in the armpits.

I could be very well buying all 3!! Can’t wait to see the training gear also!

Back
Top Bottom