The next Predator movie - Prey (2022 on Hulu)

Soldato
OP
So just to be clear - The OCUK Left Wing™ don't like Drinker and will attack him at every opportunity - this just tells me he's someone to pay attention to, so all the OCUK Left Wing™ have done is advertise him and his channel, Nice!

In other news Prey was Hulu's biggest Film or TV Show premiere so far -

Associate
I'm most certainly not left wing but boy oh boy am I sick of the DailyMailites soiling every bloody Tv series or film thread with wahhhhh woke.

You litterally comb through every minute of every trailer, every episode, every film trying to find the tiniest little thing that will justify the same tired old arguments.

The best bit is the ripping trailers a new one, then either furious back peddling to severe mental gymnastics to justify your claims.

Even better a number of you are utterly incapable of forming your own opinions without watching some absolute one note youtube bell.

Tiring.

Soldato
ROTFLCHOPPER well more insightful than a bunch of shills with gender study degree's who wouldn't know a good film if it was right in front of them.
Or its cause he clearly writes a narrative for every female lead. Also he misses mammoth amounts of plot and story that his points don't actually make sense. He's a terrible reviewer of any film.

Associate
I watched it last and very much enjoyed it, definitely near the top of the pile for Predator films. It has a few issues with pacing and the effects could be uneven. I am surprised no one else has mentioned the leaning boat mast in the river that was missed in one shot. Should have been removed in post and did bug me as they removed in the follow up shot :D.

Soldato

Tail end of this showing a predator ship returning in the drawings.
Yup totally missed it.

Be interesting to see to how they try and link everything up if they do get to make more movies.

They retcon that awesome comic with Greyback in one of the scenes. They do have a bit of a pickle to tidy it it all up.

Permabanned
It's a decent film, it was a little odd that the whole experience didn't seem to effect the character much. She seemed as sure of herself at the end as she was at the start, you start to wonder if she's really human.

Worth a watch though, I've seen worse.

Caporegime
What a pleasant surprise this was! Not sure if I liked this more than Predators or not. I think those two are battling for second in the Predator series imo. Personally having watched them all recently Predator 2 has aged really badly, it's an absolute cheese fest and stuff like the disco frisbee look ridiculous.

Associate
While not the best film in the franchise, it was better than I was expecting.

It lost a couple of points for me due to the Yautja design and some iffy CGI in places.

Hopefully it reviews well and encourages more project proposals for the IP.

I prefer it to Shane Black's 'The Predator'. I've not seen Predators since it was released so I may give that a rewatch for a comparison.

Perhaps Prey could act as a springboard for the Predator franchise to explore different settings and time periods.

Soldato
OP
I prefer it to Shane Black's 'The Predator'. I've not seen Predators since it was released so I may give that a rewatch for a comparison.

It's such an odd film - it feels like when they made Predators the studio went "Right, what do fans of Predator like.........Miniguns, Heat Vision, more Predators, SF teams being hunted, traps..............right, lets turn that upto 11 and then mix those ideas with this completely unrelated monster story we've already have paid for..........awesome!!!" etc but then it also had a few really unique and good sections, like the Yakuza vs Pred fight, & the lone survivor (Laurence Fishburne) which added something different.

Caporegime
I thought it was fine. 7.5/10
I dont understand all the "hype", i dont understand all the "hate."
She wasn't a particularly well written character, she didnt have enough development, she didnt really have a good set of motives.
It does make me want to re watch Predator 2, i haven't seen that for 20 odd years....

Soldato
It's such an odd film - it feels like when they made Predators the studio went "Right, what do fans of Predator like.........Miniguns, Heat Vision, more Predators, SF teams being hunted, traps..............right, lets turn that upto 11 and then mix those ideas with this completely unrelated monster story we've already have paid for..........awesome!!!" etc but then it also had a few really unique and good sections, like the Yakuza vs Pred fight, & the lone survivor (Laurence Fishburne) which added something different.
Huh? Yakuza? Lawrence Fisburne?

Back
Top Bottom